Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
MK controversy thread
I just bought stock in Reynolds !!
https://www.reynoldsbrands.com/products/aluminum-foil
Just wait until particle physicists say they will create an artificial black hole in their underground base.
Latest from HNN:

"New TMT team changes approach to get community support, but is it too late?"

"It’s been five years since thousands of protesters blocked the start of construction of the Thirty Meter Telescope planned near the summit of Mauna Kea.

"Now, a different management team is trying a different approach to try to move the telescope forward.

“On behalf of my organization, I want to start by apologizing for causing all the divisions in the community,” said TMT Project Manager Fengchuan Liu as he began an interview with Hawaii News Now.s [sic]"

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2024/06/13...telescope/

I question whether it was five years ago that protesters blocked construction. I have no idea where they get that fact from; it's just wrong. On the other hand, the TMT team did an awful job with those protesting the TMT and the other observatories on Mauna Kea. I don't know how they recover from that.
(06-14-2024, 09:22 AM)TomK Wrote: Latest from HNN..

The central point, methinks, from the article is when Lui said..

“We respect the fact that the future of this project in Hawaii rests in the hands of the people of Hawaii, in particular the Native Hawaiian community, and that’s okay,”

“We accept that. We respect that.”

It's just a shame nobody figured that out from the get go. In fact, on this forum I have been belittled and disrespected and badmouthed for suggesting it for years. And, ya know, it will have (probably) cost them any chance they might have had.. 

Now Julie, that's a real lesson in how stupid haoles f*ck things up.
 In fact, on this forum I have been belittled and disrespected and badmouthed for suggesting it for years.

Mostly because you wax poetic with vague generalizations, but never provide details.  Like who should the TMT reps talk to?  Which Native Hawaiian groups, and which leaders of those groups can make a decision that will be acceptable to all Native Hawaiian people?  Is there a list of their requests? Is any agreement based on majority vote, consensus?  
(06-14-2024, 05:34 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote:  In fact, on this forum I have been belittled and disrespected and badmouthed for suggesting it for years.

Mostly because you wax poetic with vague generalizations, but never provide details.  Like who should the TMT reps talk to?  Which Native Hawaiian groups, and which leaders of those groups can make a decision that will be acceptable to all Native Hawaiian people?  Is there a list of their requests? Is any agreement based on majority vote, consensus?  

Sounds like a lame reason to belittle someone....asking for specifics would be much more productive.
Wahine

Lead by example
“In fact, on this forum I have been belittled and disrespected and badmouthed for suggesting it for years.”

That’s because that’s all you deserve, which has nothing to do with TMT to be honest.
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama
I think it was law enforcement and county government that did the awful job.
...asking for specifics would be much more productive.

If you read back through my replies to MyManao, it’s ask, ask, ask…
It’s been years of asking for specifics.  All that’s ever been offered are hypothetical dreamland scenarios.

Let’s see if he answers my questions (previous post above) this time.  And notice that I’m not belittling or badmouthing him, just pointing out the reality of these interactions on Punaweb.
(06-14-2024, 06:36 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: ...asking for specifics would be much more productive.

If you read back through my replies to MyManao, it’s ask, ask, ask…
It’s been years of asking for specifics.  All that’s ever been offered are hypothetical dreamland scenarios.

Let’s see if he answers my questions (previous post above) this time.  And notice that I’m not belittling or badmouthing him, just pointing out the reality of these interactions on Punaweb.

I wasn't implying that you belittle him.

As you are well aware, there are many of us who have asked questions of others, and the only responses are crickets chirping or stall tactics on if/ when they will provide answers.

The ball is in MyManao's court now.
Wahine

Lead by example