Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Save Gas, Save Bat, Save Yourself. Live longer for free.
Excuse to research and maybe buy fun stuffs : )

You can do this PunaFolks, the roads are smooth. Shoulders wide, hills are gradual and for the most part only one way. Up or down,,, so think possibly / positively ,,, ½ your ride nearly free .. You know na .. your drive.

No need to spend thousands ( or even hundreds ) on the bike. Don't buy into having to have x latest bla bla blings either.. So many perfect bikes on Craigslist from Hilo > Kau sellers. Yes, right here. Awesome.

#1, Just get your position ( seat height and friendly bars ) on the bike comfortable + low gearing and build up to longer trips. That's the Genesis to keeping going.

The two main, local Craigslist Seller Folks are all in to help you here. If you not sure, just ask.

Have Fenders nice but no necesito. Poncho / junky rain suit fine + hat under the hood and all good.

Ignore all the hype, just go your speed. Use it or lose it di ba ? Next thing you know, now you have nice routine. Rain or shine. Days getting longer too so plenty time.

Instead of fully loaded car trips, maybe, break it down to smaller and nice reason / excuse / alibi ? to ride.

That said take your time, enjoy the ride.

God Bless.

Some here might not like this ( cycling related ) video as related to above

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/mO6j6hdwtcM

ETA..Puna : Hilo cyling question ? Or any what's best for here ? Post it here ..Hope thats ok Rob.

P.S. to folks ..maybe u not know .but HPP has a super supportive well beyond " overstock " supplier
Salamat + So True Pōkaku, same tool kit.
Lets ride the skatepark.
(04-20-2024, 08:40 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:Salamat + So True Pōkaku, same tool kit.
Lets ride the skatepark.

Who are you responding to?
Add on ..
And folks .. Whatever you do, if you just getting started again, don't think those fat ,wide saddles are good. They cut off your circulation in the most tender areas ( actually TOO much foam ) and make your cycling experience not so fun. Search * Bike Fitting " and see the reality. So many choices and info available.

There are a number of folks commuting every day on 11 / 130. Check "'em out.

Beep Beep after you pass ..
(04-20-2024, 09:39 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:There are a number of folks commuting every day on 11 / 130. Check "'em out.

How do you propose people "Check "'em out"? You've already responded to an invisible poster and now you want people to check people commuting between Puna and Hilo.
I would hope for the safest way.^

Hawaiian motorists are very cordial in that they Beep Beep to let us know they there . Its cool + Get wide berth.

New cars so quiet sometimes not even know they there

If just wanna say hi, mo' betta Beep Beep a rider after you pass. Same as yoi would a moto pal or other cager.

Got another term we should all use ?

Honk Honk is not polite.
(04-20-2024, 10:54 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:I would hope for the safest way.
[...]

If just wanna say hi, mo' betta Beep Beep a rider after you pass. Same as yoi would a moto pal or other cager.

Do you think the rest of us are as moronic as you? You "Beep Beep" after passing a cyclist? Or, weirdly enough, a cager?
" Do you think the rest of us are as moronic as you? You "Beep Beep" after passing a cyclist? Or, weirdly enough, a cager?

Tom . don't assume " rest of us " share ur ignorance.

Q: Do you commute on a bike ?

Wanna shaka a fellow cyclist .

Then u know ..

Assume the best and ask questions ...
elepaio pid=' dateline=\'1713692598' Wrote:" Do you think the rest of us are as moronic as you? You "Beep Beep" after passing a cyclist? Or, weirdly enough, a cager?

Tom . don't assume  " rest of us " share ur ignorance.

How do you know when you've passed "a cager"?
"Assume the best and ask questions ..."

Well, OK then. I've tried that on three other threads to no avail, so let's bang our head against the wall one more time!

I got a few questions:

"Do you commute on a bike ?"

Where do YOU commute to on YOUR bike?

"You can do this PunaFolks, the roads are smooth. Shoulders wide, hills are gradual and for the most part only one way. Up or down,,, so think possibly / positively ,,, ½ your ride nearly free .. You know na .. your drive."

So, what happens with the other 1/2 of your ride? You know, your drive?

"Salamat + So True Pōkaku, same tool kit."
"Lets ride the skatepark."

Who/what is Pōkaku?

So, there, I've assumed the best and I've asked my questions.
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe