Punaweb Forum
Hawaii Island anti-vaccination policies - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Puna Politics (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Hawaii Island anti-vaccination policies (/showthread.php?tid=14737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Hawaii Island anti-vaccination policies - Guest - 10-12-2014

quote:
Originally posted by KathyH
Carol, my outrage was all used up when I 1) saw Discuss Truth call RJ a toothless former crackhead with no evidence of that, and 2) saw no outrage on the forum other than from Sativa and our eloquent and fair-minded hikatz.

I do see outrage against Sativa's response, so is Tiffany in some special untouchable social class, whereas perpetuating the stereotype of drug addiction against a woman commonly perceived as African American is not considered vile or a low blow?
[/quote]

Again, so predictable so on cue!

So, because I called RJ, what it is I know and believe to be the truth, is excuse enough to outrage you to think its OK for Sativa to state the things she said about TEH's mother?

You are really a twisted person KathyH, and you really need to look into these two people you are blindly supporting here.

Really, you do!

KathyH quote:"Sativa, you accidentally posted two links of the first forum above. Could I bother you to post the intended link to the second forum where TEH responded on home exemptions? I want to watch that video again."

Here it is. Sorry for the mixup. Mahalo for the interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfImFAdY1_8

Discuss_Truth, Just know that Kathy is her own woman and she doesn't need to be warned by you about the two of us.

RE: Hawaii Island anti-vaccination policies - snorkle - 10-12-2014

Kathy says;
" whereas perpetuating the stereotype of drug addiction against a woman commonly perceived as African American is not considered vile or a low blow? "

snorkagram;

Jeez Kathy, DT never mentioned race. Why are you perpetuating a stereotype?

RE: Hawaii Island anti-vaccination policies - csgray - 10-12-2014

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by csgray

Kathy,
I know we've had this conversation before but I will try again: not attacking someone is not the same as supporting them.
Agree, which is why I asked a question about how you feel on the one issue instead of making an assumption of how you feel. You are not obligated to answer the question, but I see no harm in asking it. (See above question to District 4 voters.)
quote:
Sativa called Tiffany's mother a whore and claimed she was illegitimate. That was an all time low for Punaweb, and diminishes this forum as a community resource.
Carol, my outrage was all used up when I 1) saw Discuss Truth call RJ a toothless former crackhead with no evidence of that, and 2) saw no outrage on the forum other than from Sativa and our eloquent and fair-minded hikatz.

I do see outrage against Sativa's response, so is Tiffany in some special untouchable social class, whereas perpetuating the stereotype of drug addiction against a woman commonly perceived as African American is not considered vile or a low blow? (Note to be clear: RJ doesn't self-identify as A-A, but others assume that.)

Or is it that toothless people are fair game? Why let the remark about RJ go and fixate on what Sativa said, even though the insult to RJ came first?
quote:
Do you support that sort of vile attack on someone as justified and appropriate just because you think they are an unethical politician?
My support is not the issue; our Supreme Court has ruled it is a part of our political process that is protected and even desirable. (Hustler Magazine v. Falwell, look up the rationale for the SC's decision.)

I didn't make any comments on that exchange for the reason that I didn't want to play into Discuss Truth's move to take the topic away from voter fraud via ad hominem attacks. I am only responding here to your direct question.

To me, all the personal attacks from whatever side have no logical bearing on the underlying issue of alleged fraud.

Ed to add: thanks for the response to my post, kalakoa. I'm not going to make a response post because I just want to let your opinions stand on their own, but I do want to thank you for taking time and going down that list one by one.
Kathy

No one can choose their parents, however they can control their own actions.

Attacking Tiffany based on her parents' supposed actions that occurred before she was born, in response to an entirely different person calling RJ a crackhead, is uncalled for, I am surprised you can't see the difference. Calling the person who called RJ a crackhead names would have been understandable, although childish, but Tiffany wasn't the one who said that, so responding by insulting her because of her parents is not something she deserved just because Sativa thinks she is a dishonest politician. Claiming it was a game of dozens, when again, Tiffany wasn't the one slinging insults, is just being dishonest.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb

RE: Hawaii Island anti-vaccination policies - missydog1 - 10-12-2014

quote:
Originally posted by snorkle

Kathy says;
" whereas perpetuating the stereotype of drug addiction against a woman commonly perceived as African American is not considered vile or a low blow? "

snorkagram;

Jeez Kathy, DT never mentioned race. Why are you perpetuating a stereotype?

I'm not. It's not necessary to mention race. We all know RJ here. Why is it that the line about former crackhead didn't shock and outrage the same people who are shocked and outraged when Tiffany's mother is brought up? Because that came first, and should have gotten the first reaction. That is what happened, and I'm pointing it out, don't make it about me because I had nothing to do with the group reaction.

What if Sativa had called Tiffany a former crackhead? Would you find it more offensive than hearing RJ called one? Going by your prior responses, I think it's a safe bet.

Kathy

RE: Hawaii Island anti-vaccination policies - missydog1 - 10-12-2014

carol wrote:
quote:
Attacking Tiffany based on her parents' supposed actions that occurred before she was born
That's not what she was doing. Other than the parents not being married (true according to public record), which would be before her birth, what Sativa said was about Tiffany's early life, formative years. She was not saying that Tiffany should be blamed for her parents acts; she was saying it affected the person that Tiffany became to be attached to someone leading a tough life. If you read it carefully you will see that was the point being made.

Example, not to help Tiffany out with a defense, but if one goes from one homeless shelter to another as a small child, maybe one is less clear on the concept of permanent residence. Seriously, the implications for needing a therapist in life are easy to see.

Even when parents divorce it is hard on a kid and changes the personality.

Kathy

quote:

carol wrote:
[quote]Attacking Tiffany based on her parents' supposed actions that occurred before she was born
That's not what she was doing.

Its exactly what she did.

[quote]

Example, not to help Tiffany out with a defense, but if one goes from one homeless shelter to another as a small child, maybe one is less clear on the concept of permanent residence.

I cant imagine one so void of intellect to utter those words.

Seriously, the implications for needing a therapist in life are easy to see.

Only some one void of any form of intellect would make that comment as well.

Even when parents divorce it is hard on a kid and changes the personality.

Kathy

Truly you are void.

Totally void.

RE: Hawaii Island anti-vaccination policies - kalakoa - 10-13-2014

We now attempt to do the impossible with Nothing.

Well-suited to Puna then.

Danny Paleka is the right decision to make in 2014.

...because people are working really hard to make sure he's the ONLY available choice, and apparently the methods involved are considered acceptable by The People, which makes the election a mere formality. This is not the "democratic process" I learned about in school.

RE: Hawaii Island anti-vaccination policies - leilanidude - 10-13-2014

This is not the "democratic process" I learned about in school.

Would that have included candidates that committed vote fraud and things like property tax evasion?

RE: Hawaii Island anti-vaccination policies - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 10-13-2014

Has anyone else noticed an echo in here?

...did...did...did...did....
not...not...not...not...

Anyone have anything to say about Hawaii Island anti-vaccination policies? Or vaccinations?