Punaweb Forum
Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? (/showthread.php?tid=15770)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Southernmost - 04-11-2015

PM2:

>gag<, i see the sanctimonious dribble is overflowing.

born n' raised, yeeee haw! lol

Captain Local : ey haole! dis isn't Texas- get um right! Its cheeeehu not yeee haw!
Cheeeeeeeeehu!

Born&Raised Hawai'i Island

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - PunaMauka2 - 04-11-2015

yeee haw, cheehu, the translation same same, braddah babooze. ...the cry of the hopelessly insular minded. ...but i guess you didn't get that.

this guy reflexively call anyone he don't like one haole, or what? representing one small embarrassment for our otherwise beloved Ka'u.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Southernmost - 04-11-2015

Hey you created Captain Local PM2, he's your problem now. Lmao

Born&Raised Hawai'i Island

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - PunaMauka2 - 04-11-2015

fricken Captain lolo-Local. drive me nuts.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Chunkster - 04-12-2015

The lead editorial in the Sunday Honolulu Star-Advertiser calls for Billy Kenoi to resign. It begins:

"Big Island Mayor Billy Kenoi once was considered a rising star in Hawaii's Democratic Party, destined for statewide office, or even a national post. He has only himself to blame for ruining that future.

Kenoi's blatant pattern of misusing taxpayers' funds for his own benefit has shattered the public trust and makes him unfit to lead Hawaii County."

Here is a link, but the full editorial is paid content: http://www.staradvertiser.com/s

There is also a very unflattering story on the digital front page.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Punatic007 - 04-12-2015

Can you copy and paste the stories?

The Star Advertiser is my new fav newspaper in Hawaii. This article takes balls to write, I'm proud of them for stepping up to the plate and doing what the media is intended to do.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Chunkster - 04-12-2015

Sorry, pasting the whole thing is almost certainly a copyright violation and probably against Punaweb rules. I don't see Billy's ego (or his household budget) allowing him to resign. Does anyone know offhand the procedure for removing a mayor of Hawaii County from office? I know there is no recall, and I'm guessing that removal would require a criminal conviction and/or a supermajority of the council. With one exception, the council has not been willing to publicly even criticize the mayor, never mind remove him. And if I remember correctly, that council member, Wille, had her own pCard suspended over three charges. Now that raises the question of whether Billy's has been suspended. Wille's "mistake" charges were around $1000, while Kenoi's were in the tens of thousands. If her's got suspended and his didn't, there's even more rotten in Hilo than we think. The Attorney General needs to send in an outside forensic auditing team to examine the county from top to bottom.

quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

Sorry, pasting the whole thing is almost certainly a copyright violation and probably against Punaweb rules. I don't see Billy's ego (or his household budget) allowing him to resign. Does anyone know offhand the procedure for removing a mayor of Hawaii County from office? I know there is no recall, and I'm guessing that removal would require a criminal conviction and/or a supermajority of the council. With one exception, the council has not been willing to publicly even criticize the mayor, never mind remove him. And if I remember correctly, that council member, Wille, had her own pCard suspended over three charges. Now that raises the question of whether Billy's has been suspended. Wille's "mistake" charges were around $1000, while Kenoi's were in the tens of thousands. If her's got suspended and his didn't, there's even more rotten in Hilo than we think. The Attorney General needs to send in an outside forensic auditing team to examine the county from top to bottom.

That will be a happy day in Hilo Chuckster, a thorough unbiased 3rd party investigation indeed. As we have all witnessed, the corruption runs very deep on the Big Island, especially Hilo side. I think it's time for the county council to step up to the plate and publicly discuss the matter and all options. We the people do not feel comfortable or safe with Mayor Billy in office.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - ironyak - 04-12-2015

HTH has a run down today on the pCard issue for the county council. FWIW, Wille gave up her pCard after being challenged over a first-class ticket that was apparently less than the coach options, and a $20 extra charge for a ocean front room when other rooms were not available. Yes, there appears to be a double-standard.

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/local-news/county-council-controls-pcard-use

ETA: and the new county auditor is hard at work on this issue. Full report due out this summer.