Punaweb Forum
Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? (/showthread.php?tid=15770)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - kalakoa - 04-18-2015

did the county suffer any loss of something of value.

Integrity?

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - birdmove - 04-18-2015

Trust? Pride? Honor?

Jon in Keaau/HPP

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - lavalava - 04-18-2015

quote:
Originally posted by Kukailimoku

Question for the wise. Since Mr. Kenoi reimbursed the county for his personal purchases, did the county suffer any loss of something of value. Theft requires the specific intent to deprive the county of something of value. What was that something and how much was the value. I am having trouble finding any crime he may have committed? Also, is keeping the per diem while using the p-card that he reimbursed a criminal act? How late did he reimburse the county for the p-card double dips?

Wow - another Kenoi apologist. What makes these people tick? Is it that they have no ethical standards in their own lives? Are they really enamored with Billys smile? I just dont get how this is not a big deal to people.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Rob Tucker - 04-18-2015

In Billy's world and in the world of most of Hawaii county and state government it is not a big deal. In ways larger and smaller it goes on here all the time. Why do you think a surveyor gets paid $67,000 by the state to survey 5 small residential lots? Why do you think the county pays an architect $60,000 to design a bus stop?

It's not a trickle down theory. It is a trickle into my back pocket theory.

What is unusual is that Billy Kenoi is being taken to task over it. Who did he piss off?

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - rainyjim - 04-18-2015

Who did he piss off?

Yep, this seems to be the pertinent question!

You'd think that he would have the courtesy to step down to at least try and save any/all of those he'll be dragging down with him.

I'm wondering just how deep this investigation will go...I can only imagine the internal 'scrambling' in all the various state and county offices across the archipelago attempting to cover their asses.

I imagine their are plenty of disgruntled individuals who have some 'dirt' on all the departments and have just been waiting till the time was right to strike a 'low blow'.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - flyingsurfer - 04-18-2015

He pissed off the people. They are tired of there hard earned $ that go to taxes, being misused and ripped off.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Punatic007 - 04-18-2015

quote:
Originally posted by lavalava

quote:

Question for the wise. Since Mr. Kenoi reimbursed the county for his personal purchases, did the county suffer any loss of something of value. Theft requires the specific intent to deprive the county of something of value. What was that something and how much was the value. I am having trouble finding any crime he may have committed? Also, is keeping the per diem while using the p-card that he reimbursed a criminal act? How late did he reimburse the county for the p-card double dips?

Wow - another Kenoi apologist. What makes these people tick? Is it that they have no ethical standards in their own lives? Are they really enamored with Billys smile? I just dont get how this is not a big deal to people.

I worked in the resorts over 30 yrs ago, and would usually be the only mainland transplant employee around. It was challenging in many ways, one of those challenges was wrapping my head around the collective understanding that if you left a personal object behind, it was no longer yours, amongst co-workers. Finders keepers, no lost and found box.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - justthefacts - 04-18-2015

this could go into a federal investigation , there could be RICO violations . this investigation seems to be kept alive on the local nightly 10 PM news every night , so there is more to it .

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - helping hands - 04-18-2015

JTF-

There is definitely grounds for it.

Do a google search on Rene Mansho and Andy Mirkitani. It seems Kenoi's transgressions are a lot more outrageous.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Kukailimoku - 04-18-2015

quote:
Originally posted by lavalava

quote:

You missed the point. There is a vast difference between what is immoral and bizzre behavior demonstrated by Mr. Kenoi and criminal behavior which must fit into the cubbyhole that defines the crime. But I see him getting away with it because the government will not be able to prove that he intended to steal the money. Look up the definition of "theft" in the Hawaii Penal Code, and you may understand. Civil consequences are also out there.