Punaweb Forum
Peacefull tmt protectors - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Peacefull tmt protectors (/showthread.php?tid=21061)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Peacefull tmt protectors - Kaimana - 07-21-2019

quote:
Originally posted by TomK

I'm sorry, but are you claiming the protesters are using professional crossing guards?

JRW claimed the protesters are non-peaceful(violent) because they are stopping traffic.
Crossing guards stop traffic.
Therefore, by JRW's claim, crossing guards are violent.

RE: Peacefull tmt protectors - jrw - 07-21-2019

quote:
Originally posted by Kaimana

quote:
Originally posted by TomK

I'm sorry, but are you claiming the protesters are using professional crossing guards?

JRW claimed the protesters are non-peaceful(violent) because they are stopping traffic.
Crossing guards stop traffic.
Therefore, by JRW's claim, crossing guards are violent.

What I am saying it like going out Hwy 130 and stopping traffic because you fell like. This is total illegal and you would be arrest. They have no right to be stopping traffic on any state hwy

jrw

RE: Peacefull tmt protectors - glinda - 07-21-2019

They have no right to be stopping traffic on any state hwy

Isn't that the same argument they used against the Boston Tea Party?

RE: Peacefull tmt protectors - kalakoa - 07-21-2019

This is total illegal and you would be arrest.

Unless peacefully occupying the roadway was merely your way of practicing traditional religion and culture. Then it's OK. You are also allowed a full support encampment with food, beverage, sleeping arrangements, etc, and such encampment is automatically exempt from planning, permitting, zoning, EIS, NPDES, SMA, CMA, inspections, etc.

Wish I had known all this before I pulled permits. What a waste of money!

RE: Peacefull tmt protectors - jrw - 07-21-2019

quote:
Originally posted by glinda

They have no right to be stopping traffic on any state hwy

Isn't that the same argument they used against the Boston Tea Party?

I would not call the Boston Tea Party peaceful. Whats you meaning of peaceful

jrw

RE: Peacefull tmt protectors - Kaimana - 07-21-2019

Jrw you literally wrote in your first post "How can you say your peaceful when you are stopping traffic"

Jrw.. the use of civil disobedience has a history that is so colored, so varied, that it outshines any individual, and stands as a beacon of our democracy. Civil acts of protest have marked every significant change in our history. Humanity does not evolved without it. For someone to stand in a road and declare themselves and their cause is sacred to being an American. To suggest otherwise is the first step, down a long slippery slope, to the lost of all the freedoms we hold dear. As such it is incumbent upon us all to have patience with and try to understand those that stand in roads. Whether we agree with their cause or not.

RE: Peacefull tmt protectors - DanielP - 07-21-2019

By blocking the highway, the protesters are creating a hardship on all of the folks who are commuting to Kona and back every day. they should be assembling on the access road, not on the highway.

they should be assembling on the access road, not on the highway.

Dude, the highway is open.. go on.. you can drive through there too. Nobody is stopping you. County, state, Hawaiians, nobody is in your way. Enjoy the drive, it's beautiful.

RE: Peacefull tmt protectors - kalakoa - 07-21-2019

creating a hardship on all of the folks who are commuting to Kona

Riiiiight. Failure to create affordable housing near the jobs is totally the protestor's fault.