Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peacefull tmt protectors
How can you say your peaceful when you are stopping traffic on saddle hwy doing 60 mph. They have no right to stopping traffic on a state hwy. you ae not police officer or legal crosswalk guard.

jrw
jrw
Yeah we know. All the sensible people are perplexed at why law enforcement didn't put a stop to this idiocy from the get. And are the observatories closed? Seriously? Time for lawsuits. And as usual it's time to bring in the Feds, nothing intelligent gets done around here unless they are involved. Sad but true.
And what exactly are the Feds going to do? Enforce the state traffic laws on a county paved road over DHHL lands? Force the local police to do so? You may want to read up on how Selective Enforcement works (although that pesky Equal Protection Clause of the 14th amendment could make for an interesting case if kalakoa and his band of happy haoles block some other road and are ultimately prosecuted... what do you think kalakoa - got to get your own lawsuit against the state in motion! Wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_enforcement
And what exactly are the Feds going to do?

Send Jarad and Ivanka?

I will add, on a more serious note, that I suspect Tulsi will come. I was thinking as much but then with her going to Puerto Rico today to stand in solidarity with them, and her very well articulated statement of support for the Hawaiian people issued a few days ago, I get the sense an appearance here would fit in nicely with the narrative she is building. That one iconic image of her interacting with kupuna. Showing a sense of leadership that escapes Ige. All would play nicely if she really is positioning herself to be a champion of sorts for these kinds of causes. And with Tulsi would come the national press. In the flesh.
If Tulsi visits and supports the protestors, she might be asked why she supports the Hawaiian sovereignty movement while also supporting America. That might be a difficult question to answer. For instance, I believe many people from Hawaii have served in the US military, so it would be somewhat hypocritical of her not to show the same support for them in Hawaii.

From this thread: http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26336

"I’m here to stand with my fellow Americans in Puerto Rico here on American soil demanding change. I stand with the people of Puerto Rico who love our country, who have sacrificed for our country and our people. Who have fought for our civil rights, and who I served alongside in Iraq. Who have put their lives on the line to serve our country. I stand with these great patriots and the people of Puerto Rico who deserve a government of the people, by the people, and for the people.
With love of country,
Tulsi
"
Tulsi's July 19th statement on Mauna Kea seen here..

https://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2019/...mauna-kea/
By all means, watch the video, but if it's not about sovereignty and instead about sacredness, then Tulsi is going to have another tough time explaining why the American courts had found that building the TMT doesn't affect people using the mountain for their religious ceremonies. Either way, she's putting herself between a rock and a hard place.
Peaceful protest=Non violent protest

I didn't realize crossing guard was a violent profession. Smh.
I'm sorry, but are you claiming the protesters are using professional crossing guards?
stopping traffic on saddle hwy doing 60 mph.
------------
Is the speed limit right there not 45mph?