Punaweb Forum
Cell phone service lower HPP - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Cell phone service lower HPP (/showthread.php?tid=21298)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Cell phone service lower HPP - kalakoa - 10-31-2019

Verizon is "better" but still not reliable inside my house.

AT&T works if I go outside.

Sprint works if I go halfway to the road.

T-Mobile only works at the road.

Good thing these carriers get unfettered access to the radio frequency spectrum that was supposed to be "held in the public trust".

RE: Cell phone service lower HPP - tomevans - 12-05-2019

I am looking to collect information from AT&T cell phone users in the Pahoa/Puna area who have had service difficulties since the Kapoho tower was destroyed this past year due to the lava flow.

The service difficulty can be no service, interrupted service due to only one bar, or dropped calls. I have been in contact with ATT service representatives who have indicated many complaints have come in from Pahoa/Puna area about reception. Att continues to bill me for full monthly service charge despite my continued contacts with the company about poor service. Please respond here if you have had difficulty with ATT reception. I am not looking for advice, suggestions, etc., just an accounting from others who have first hand experience with ATT.

Mahalo

Thomas Evans

RE: Cell phone service lower HPP - leilanidude - 12-05-2019

quote:
Originally posted by tomevans

I am looking to collect information from AT&T cell phone users in the Pahoa/Puna area who have had service difficulties since the Kapoho tower was destroyed this past year due to the lava flow.

The service difficulty can be no service, interrupted service due to only one bar, or dropped calls. I have been in contact with ATT service representatives who have indicated many complaints have come in from Pahoa/Puna area about reception. Att continues to bill me for full monthly service charge despite my continued contacts with the company about poor service. Please respond here if you have had difficulty with ATT reception. I am not looking for advice, suggestions, etc., just an accounting from others who have first hand experience with ATT.

Mahalo

Thomas Evans

Why are you bothering to make all these complaints? SIMPLY SWITCH TO another provider. Many will even PAY YOU to do so if there is a cancellation fee.

RE: Cell phone service lower HPP - macuu222 - 12-05-2019

I've had ATT for 15 years here in lower HPP. It was good back in 2005....but then slowly went down hill. I finally switched this summer after numerous complaints to them about poor service. They've never done anything about it......like they don't even care.

RE: Cell phone service lower HPP - Mindful - 12-05-2019

If you are a Spectrum customer they are offering a new unlimited data plan for $45/month. They are partnered with Verizon so they use the Verizon network. The $45/month is all in (includes all taxes and fees). It is not a promotional event, you are guaranteed to stay at $45/month. They even said they are in the process of opening a retail outlet next to Verizon in Hilo.

I'm in the market for a new phone and service (I've had AT&T for 15 years). Nobody offers any kind of deal to switch. I was surprised by that.

RE: Cell phone service lower HPP - leilanidude - 12-05-2019

https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/

Verizon does, for one.

RE: Cell phone service lower HPP - Mindful - 12-05-2019

They should tell their employees because I went in the store and said, "I'm a 15 yr AT&T customer and want to buy a new phone and service with Verizon, is there anything you can do to encourage me to leave AT&T?" She said, "no, there is nothing we can do". So I left.

RE: Cell phone service lower HPP - terracore - 12-05-2019

In my experience the Verizon sales people are only capable of lying so in your example they did exactly what they were programmed to do, it's just in this rare instance it didn't work out to their advantage.

RE: Cell phone service lower HPP - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 12-05-2019

I had AT&T for awhile about 15 years ago.I bought a phone from them because the store personnel in Hilo told me AT&T had reception where I live in HPP. I got home but the phone didn’t have reception in lower HPP. Zero bars.

The phone had a port on the back for an external antenna, so I went back to the store to ask about it. Oh no, I was told, we don’t have external antennas. When I turned around and walked toward the door, I saw 6 or 8 external antennas for sale prominently displayed on the wall, maybe 15 feet from the salesperson, directly in his line of sight.

I imagine he’s either a politician or County worker now.

RE: Cell phone service lower HPP - eigoya - 12-05-2019

I have Consumer Cell. It is only reliable via wireless calling at home. The AT&T towers they use are unreliable but good enough for me on lower Makuu.