Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell phone service lower HPP
I Pay $210 a month for Verizon at that price my phone should have wheels and a seat. So I was looking at consumer cellular with a AARP discount, but I was wondering if I'd get a signal in hpp down on lower makuu. Does anyone near me have consumer cellular and can you get a good enough signal to go on the internet?
Looks like consumer cellular can be on AT&T or T-Mobile towers. Do they get reception in your area?

MVNOs (companies that piggyback on the big four's signals) run at a lower priority for data, so if things get congested it will be slower. Calls and text are not affected, except you might not get the same roaming ability in some rural mainland locations.

Your Verizon rate is so high, is that for one or two lines? You can get decent full-priority Verizon unlimited for $85/mo. Also check out their prepaid offerings, which are often cheaper. I see they have/had a $45/mo 16GB prepaid promotion.

Protip: don't move to Puna for the services.
I have 3 lines & unlimited data. My daughter is on my bill costs me $20 a month. She can't afford a phone otherwise. Slower data though with MVNO doesn't sound good. Sometimes Verizon is really slow even when I haven't used hardly any data for the month.
I pay $59.80 a month for Verizon.I buy my own phones, so I don't have a contract.
I live in lower HPP off Makuu close to the ocean and recently switched from ATT to Verizon. ATT down where I live is horrible....barely 1 bar. Verizon has a tower in lower HPP and we get 3 to 4 bars. We first checked with T=Mobile but they admitted it wouldn't work where we lived. We got 2 lines for $70.00 and 4 gig of data a month per line (you can lower your data allotment to lower your rate if 4 gig is too much). We also buy our phones in full to keep the monthly bill down.
You to go through your bill line by line to see what your actually paying for.
Verizon is the only one that has reasonable service in lower HPP . Don’t think you’re going to find same same for less. It’s not a competitive market
I also live in lower HPP of Maku'u. I have T-Mobile and never had any problem with reception even while walking along the shore line. It costs me $50 a month for senior rate plus $10 for the second line.

You can go to their website and check out the coverage map for your location.

Forgot to mention that $60 for two lines, we have unlimited data plus free international roaming. Been T-Mobile customer since 2006 and live in HPP for close to 13 years.
Interesting. T-Mobile in Hilo said that their coverage wouldn't work in HPP but their map shows that it does. We tried Consumer Cellular which uses AT&T lines but that didn't work at all so we went with Verizon for a lot more money. At least it works.
Da verizon monopoly

HPP

HPP