Punaweb Forum
Woodland Center to start building this week - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Woodland Center to start building this week (/showthread.php?tid=5271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Woodland Center to start building this week - Jon - 03-03-2009

From the protest every time its tried.
you yourself promote policies that hold back growth.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

Who ever said no one wants growth in Puna?

Where do generalizations like this come from?

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
HBAT

RE: Woodland Center to start building this week - Youser - 03-03-2009

With all the health concerns in the US today, and more fat, or should I say obese, children than ever before, why is it that junk food places like BK and KFC and MdDs can continue to serve their poison to the people and get away with it? Does half the population have to die of fast and greasy food related illnesses before anything changes?

Why do so many parents not bother to cook anymore and just let their kids eat this junk food? I don't buy the "no time" argument. A good simple meal can be prepared in the same time it takes to wait in line for a burger.

RE: Woodland Center to start building this week - Rob Tucker - 03-03-2009

Jon,

I make no complaint with the Woodland Center. The difference you might refer to is the lack of interest in seeing commercial sprawl along Hwy. 130. I, and the Puna Community Development Plan, want to see the business growth occur in Village Centers. The Woodland Center is a good example of that.

So when you say: "From the protest every time its tried." What protests are you referring to? No one is protesting the Woodland Center. No one protested the Orchidland shopping Center. No one protester the Pahoa Plaza. No one is protecting the bottling plants in Keaau. No one is protesting the plans for teh Gateway SHopping Center in Keaau.

I think you are making these protests up.

The people trying to stop new business... you hear about them every time... I have read nothing but protests about BK and KFC... but if you talk to people on the street... they are all for them..

from what I can tell, Hawaii have a very vocal minority that gets heard loud and clear.

And yes your quaint Hwy. 130 ideas do and will stifle growth
HBAT

Name one person trying to stop new business....

http://www.bigislandchronicle.com/?p=377

This sounds like one....

HBAT

RE: Woodland Center to start building this week - Greg - 03-03-2009

Youser asks: "Why do so many parents not bother to cook anymore and just let their kids eat this junk food?"

I would suggest that it's for the same reasons they don't read to their children, and use the television as a "parenting" tool.

Self indulgence.

It's probably a learned trait. Hopefully the cycle can be broken before we're a nation of obese, A.D.D. riddled, couch potatoes.

Eat your view! It's fun, healthy, and economically sound.

Sounds like junk food grumbling to me. I don't see anyone protesting anything except they might prefer some other type of restaurant. No one is working to stop the Woodland Development.

I think Jon sees things that aren't there. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Punaweb moderator

RE: Woodland Center to start building this week - Greg - 03-03-2009

Jon's right about the "vocal minority". That's why they're reffered to as activists.

Jon certainly has no trouble making his point of view heard, but the "silent Majority" out there must surely be "Inactivists".

Jon has always had a loud mouth... and he is almost always in the minority, and he rarely get things his way...

So I fit right in with the majority of people in Hawaii...

HBAT