Punaweb Forum
Helicopters over Orchidland - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Helicopters over Orchidland (/showthread.php?tid=7690)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Helicopters over Orchidland - punagirl - 08-16-2010

What a waste of tax payer money! Imagin what that money could be used for. Hmmmm: improving schools, improving infrastructure, adding police so real crime could be stopped.

Atlanta/Pahoa

RE: Helicopters over Orchidland - punafish - 08-16-2010

Must be a figment of everyone's imagination. We all know those "black helicopters" don't exist! ;-)

RE: Helicopters over Orchidland - Anna - 08-16-2010

DEA - they were flying low over Seaview and lower Puna coast today. One was red/yellow - other one tinted windows black/white. Below Hawaii legal flight pattern elevation - they were well below 500 feet. Buzzing houses - all along coast.
Have to spend the money somehow.....

Aloha, Anna
http://sudnlyaware.wordpress.com

RE: Helicopters over Orchidland - Anna - 08-16-2010

Freaked me out at first. My houseguests were down at the beach and that's where I saw the first one. Thought it was a rescue.....but no. Just buzzing houses for an hour.

RE: Helicopters over Orchidland - Royall - 08-16-2010

There was a black one flying around where I was working about D road and 1 road at the top of Hawaiian Acres all morning and most of the afternoon today. Sure makes a long day of it when all you hear is a damn chopper in the sky..... Maybe they were just wondering what was going to be planted in the green houses I've been working on!! LOL!!

Royall

RE: Helicopters over Orchidland - TomK - 08-16-2010

I'm sure someone has asked this question before, so apologies if I'm repeating the same old thing. When the DEA or whoever are flying low and disturbing the peace on a Sunday morning, are they being paid overtime? If so, who is funding it?

I'm no pot proponent nor am I a supporter of the eradication programme, but often work nights and get woken up by these w**kers in the morning. If there's any logic to doing the surveillance on Sunday mornings, can someone tell me what it is?

Tom

RE: Helicopters over Orchidland - Wao nahele kane - 08-16-2010

Tom,
It’s simple; it’s the psychological warfare aspect of the battle. What do gorilla growers like to do on Saturday night? Think about it… they like to party like there’s no tomorrow. Tomorrow is Sunday! Surprise, surprise, rise and shine to sound of head pounding thunder outlaws, the DEA is there to bring them back to reality within the midst of their hang over’s. Simple.

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.

RE: Helicopters over Orchidland - loffelkopffl - 08-17-2010

it's state sponserd terrorism, pure and simple

RE: Helicopters over Orchidland - mdd7000 - 08-17-2010

I use the term "grower" to mean someone who is growing it for their own adult personal use. A grower carefully cultivate their small number of plants without the use of pesticides and other, harmful products since they don't want that in their finished product.

Anyone who has hundreds of plants and is actively selling it is a drug dealer. Drug dealers use pesticides, strong fertilizers, etc because all they care about is quantity.

Growers don't tend to have guns and tens of thousands of dollars in cash lying around. Growers don't give samples of their product to junior high and high school kids to get them interested in future buying. Growers won't also be found with meth, hash, cocaine, heroin, etc. The drug dealers are routinely discovered with all sorts of those other drugs.

I think there is a big difference. Let the DEA get all the drug dealers they want.

RE: Helicopters over Orchidland - KeaauRich - 08-18-2010

From today's Tribune Herald:

Pot Choppers take to the skies

A multi-agency task force is flying marijuana eradication missions over East Hawaii this week.

Keith Kamita, chief of the state's Narcotics Enforcement Division, confirmed Tuesday that his agency is leading the helicopter mission , which started Sunday. Capt. Randall Medeiros, who heads Hawaii Police Department's Criminal Investigations Division, said local police are assistong state narcotics agents.

The Tribune Herald has received numerous calls from Nanawale Estates, Ainaloa and Mountain View to report police rappelling from helicopters in those areas. Some estimate the choppers hovering at a height of 100 feet or less above the ground.

Kamita said the missions will be ongoing through Thursday, and a count of uprooted plants should be available then.