Punaweb Forum
Gunshots in HPP?!?!? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Gunshots in HPP?!?!? (/showthread.php?tid=8601)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Gunshots in HPP?!?!? - oink - 10-08-2011

Well, I have to confess to popping a cap about 2:30 AM in my yard a few years ago. A big boar hog kept coming into the yard at night, scaring my wife. One new moon night when I got home at about 2:30 and got out of my car there was the hog abut 10 feet away. Scared me as I wasn't expecting him and I didn't see him until he moved. Out comes Roscoe and pop, well it was more like a loud bang as I had a .44mag at the time. No more hog problems. Of course in your HPP incident, if it was a hog, I can't explain the number of shots unless he got a small herd. Then there was that raccoon incident....

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

RE: Gunshots in HPP?!?!? - missydog1 - 10-08-2011

oink, that is a good point.

I've been awakened by pigs at such late hours too. It's not the time a hired hunter would be around, but yes, the homeowner or tenant could go after them.

I can't imagine shooting off a gun at my house, because it would freak my neighbors out and I would expect police at my door shortly. But I don't live in HPP.

Jerry, it's terrific what you and those you work with are doing for HPP. I respect that so much.

RE: Gunshots in HPP?!?!? - Kelena - 10-08-2011

Jerry's work with NW in HPP is terrific, Kathy. Thanks for being among the first to mention it. He has breathed life into NW and, in my estimation, has made a real difference in HPP.

RE: Gunshots in HPP?!?!? - Bullwinkle - 10-09-2011

Pigs and stray dogs coming in after the chickens our major causes for gunshots in the 'hood.

If you hear the whiz of the round first and then the pop - its aimed your way.

If its just the "pop" not to worry - yet - grin

RE: Gunshots in HPP?!?!? - Menehune - 10-09-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

Pigs and stray dogs coming in after the chickens our major causes for gunshots in the 'hood.

If you hear the whiz of the round first and then the pop - its aimed your way.

If its just the "pop" not to worry - yet - grin

I dont post much anymore and comments like this are why!

If you were looking to push buttons "Bullwinkle" - congratulations you hit mine. I have normally avoided the "name calling" and lack of all around ALHOA on Punaweb - latlely.

BUT to "JOKE" about being SHOT AT - shows to me a serious character flaw.

This is NOT a "Saturday Night Live" skit - your comment in my opinion - shows you either have never been shot at OR have been shot at too much. Either way it's - wrong!

RE: Gunshots in HPP?!?!? - oink - 10-09-2011

OMG, you don't have to like his humor but I think you are being a bit over sensitive. Don't make more of it than it is. Are you trolling? If so, my bad for responding.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

RE: Gunshots in HPP?!?!? - PaulW - 10-09-2011

Yes, idiots firing guns in residential neighborhoods, what a hilarious subject.

RE: Gunshots in HPP?!?!? - Greg - 10-10-2011

Just be glad the constitution doesn't guarantee our right to bear Mortars!

Just kidding, and yes I've been shot at(and mortared).

RE: Gunshots in HPP?!?!? - bystander - 10-10-2011

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Yes, idiots firing guns in residential neighborhoods, what a hilarious subject.

That's the thing. Many pro gun people would say HPP is agg land and NOT a residential neighborhood and that people should be allowed to shoot their guns off.

RE: Gunshots in HPP?!?!? - Kelena - 10-10-2011

Any evidence of gun shots in HPP is purely anecdotal.