Punaweb Forum
Threat of Axis Deer on the Big Island - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Threat of Axis Deer on the Big Island (/showthread.php?tid=9304)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Threat of Axis Deer on the Big Island - Wao nahele kane - 01-14-2014

Jackson,
Off topic but an FYI since you brought it up.
Big oil backs the global warming scam and carbon tax - not the other way around. Carbon taxes are intended to be paid by us, the people of the nation being taxed at the pump, etc. That money is invested in alternative energy programs (weeeee, yes!) but here's the rub and the remainder of what happens. The alternative energy companies are essentially owned by Big oil and they manipulate how that alternative energy is adopted and dolled out. So from an initial glance it appears to be on the up and up but in reality it's just another scam, making we the people pay big oil to manipulate the alternative energy market to their best benefit. That could mean restraining it and any number of things. The only thing that's 21 is the 21 number of steps ahead they are of the average persons awareness. Read between and behind the headlines.

Necessity is the mother of invention... less industrialized nations are on the track of necessity when it comes to alternative energy. These are the nations in which successful alternative energy programs are most likely to be created. These are the nations that provide the greatest threat to Big Oil. Global warming provides a front cause and the UN the administrator, carbon tax the tool used to fight the war on big oils alternative energy threat. Setting up alternative energy business in the less industrialized nations positions Big Oil to receive the carbon tax/fee financing through the UN as the UN is the tax/fee funds administrator and doles out the money to the Big Oil controlled alternative energy companies within the less industrialized nations. Big Scam.

- Armed citizens provide security of a free State.

RE: Threat of Axis Deer on the Big Island - Midnight Rambler - 01-14-2014

quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

"Federal land ownership is concentrated in the West. Specifically, 62% of Alaska is federally owned, as is 47% of the 11 coterminous western states. By contrast, the federal government owns only 4% of lands in the other states. This western concentration has contributed to a higher degree of controversy over land ownership and use in that part of the country"

Hawaii 833,786 4,105,600 20.3%

I would not call 1/5th of the state insignificant in light of the claim made by congress, tu?

Nearly all of that land is in the National Parks, PTA, and the Oahu military bases (and judging from the map in your link, they may be including the water area of Hawaii Volcanoes, because the land area shown is considerably less than 20%). The amount of Federal land leased for ranching is approximately zero. Nearly all the big operations - Parker, Shipman, Yee Hop, Umikoa, Kealakekua, Palani, and the smaller Kohala ranches on the Big Island, and Ulupalakua and Haleakala Ranch on Maui - own most of their land outright. The descendants of the Greenwell and McCandless ranches lease some or all of their lands from the state or KS. Puu Waawaa is no longer a cattle ranch, though there is a short-term lease on part of the area to keep the fire danger down. Some other pieces of state land are still leased, especially in Mauna Kea and leeward Maui. Much of those are actually DHHL lands.

RE: Threat of Axis Deer on the Big Island - Bullwinkle - 01-15-2014

calculating grazing rates for hawaii range land: http://www2.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/PRM-3.pdf

by way of disclaimer - i profit from the federal land permit system 7 fold my investment when i cashed out my lease last year.

RE: Threat of Axis Deer on the Big Island - geochem - 01-15-2014

If anyone would bother to look, Hawaii is somewhat unique among the western states in that the Feds own only a small fraction of the land whereas the STATE owns a far higher percentage of the land than any other western state. And the vast majority of that land is in various conservation/protective classifications and,hence, will never be available for grazing.

I lease my properties from the forest service / department of the interior. Just like the Volcano Inn does in the park. The feds more than happy to take my (and their) money.

One would be surprised at the lengths the DOI will go to accomodate one.... range land included - even if its the forest service

even though I profit - I do think there is a problem with the feds allowing me to use public resources to profit 20 year leases to boot .... they get pennies I get the appreciation and turn over....

leasing the way to go: http://energy.hawaii.gov/developer-investor/land-resources-for-renewable-energy/land-lease-contacts-and-resources

RE: Threat of Axis Deer on the Big Island - Guest - 01-15-2014

This is a joke article right ?

Where im from, they have to limit the killing of deer in sseasons because they would be eradicated, you cant seriously argue that they are a threat ?

Just shoot them, they dont hide well.

Nope no deer - closest thing we have are the budget cruise ship passengers that arrive at the wal mart by shuttle.... have that same glazed look....

Probably taste good too

Mmmmmm tourist.

RE: Threat of Axis Deer on the Big Island - MarkP - 01-15-2014

It's the marbling.

And crispy burnt skin Wink