Punaweb Forum
"Remote" Punaweb party? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: "Remote" Punaweb party? (/showthread.php?tid=1322)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: "Remote" Punaweb party? - lotus - 08-23-2007

I can't believe Ginger Island is closed! I loved that place......

RE: "Remote" Punaweb party? - waynesb - 08-23-2007

Well, I checked out the Alohana at Bayfair this evening. Not a party place! A total of 18 places to sit, and not a soft surface to absorb any sound. Picture Subway.

Had a BBQ Chicken rice bowl. Not bad, but not what I'd call "Ono".

Alohana has two other locations: 2116 Shattuck in Berkeley, and Lakewood (?) near LA.

RE: "Remote" Punaweb party? - waynesb - 08-23-2007

For you former San Lorenzo folk-- There's an L&L opening soon at Lewelling & Washington!

There's someplace called Kilohana Grill. One in Emeryville, another in San Ramon. From their website:
Kilohana Grill in San Ramon is decorated with a few pictures of tropical flowers and beach scenes, but that’s just for the haole. Real Hawaiians flock to this friendly little cafe for the plate lunch: two scoops of rice, one scoop of the East Bay’s best mac salad, and your choice of multiculti meats like chicken katsu, Portuguese sausages, or Korean short ribs. Go on a weekend for the killer kalua pork and lau lau (steamed pork wrapped in taro leaves).

That's tempting!

RE: "Remote" Punaweb party? - ArtM - 08-25-2007

Well,

My modest proposal has generated enough interest that I'm going to go ahead and propose a gathering place and time. I picked `Ohana BBQ because was more suited to a largish gathering, has reportedly better food than L&L, and it originated on the Big Island! How appropriate!

So, here goes:

Where: `Ohana Hawai`ian BBQ
1933 Davis Street #135 A
San Leandro, CA

When: 12:00 noon, Saturday, 29 Sep.

Who: Any Punatic wannabee, kids welcome

I have actually coordinated Konaweb parties in the past, and considered posting an invite there, but decided to leave it just Punaweb folks this time.

This date is not cast in stone. If there are significant schedule conflicts, I'll happily move it into October.

Does anyone know if OHB takes reservations?

See you soon!

Art M

Edited by - artm on 08/25/2007 11:21:31

RE: "Remote" Punaweb party? - waynesb - 08-25-2007

I just called them. The woman who answered didn't seem to get the concept of reservations. Confused it with ordering for pickup. Anyway, they are in the Westgate Center, next door to See's Candy.

We'll be there, if we're not out of town.

RE: "Remote" Punaweb party? - emorata - 08-26-2007

ohanas bbq is really more fast food oriented so i don't think they take reservations, but still conducive to having a get together....i'm in for the 29th if that date is set.

noel

RE: "Remote" Punaweb party? - canhle - 08-27-2007

The 29th sounds good to me.

canhle

RE: "Remote" Punaweb party? - LaurelJ - 08-27-2007

Wow, this sounds like fun count two more in hubby and I we are def. punatic wannabees and we live in the east bay. If OHB doesn't work out there is the "Mahalo Grill" in downtown Pleasanton. I'm sure they take reservations we could resv the whole place as it is small accomodates probably only abt 60-70 people. very trendy but also a little bit expensive.

RE: "Remote" Punaweb party? - David D - 08-28-2007

29 Sept sounds good to me.

David D
Vacaville

RE: "Remote" Punaweb party? - emorata - 08-29-2007

Wheres mella, are you coming down to visit...i want to finally meet you and get an update to your official move....hopefully i wont be going there ahead of you?