Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Remote" Punaweb party?
I was wondering if there were any Punatic wannabees who would like to attend a remote Punaweb party in the Santa Cruz, CA area. Please post or e-mail me so I can get a feel for interest level. If there's enough interest, I'll coordinate a party!

Art M (and family)

Edited by - ArtM on 08/21/2007 10:19:50
Art that is such a great idea! When I lived in Phoenix I got together with friends at a local Hawaiian Restaurant ("Moki's"Wink...very cool idea. Good luck!

Carrie

"All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it." Bob Newhart

Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
there are a few hawaiian places in the city or south city area if your willing to do this halfway since i'm up in sonoma and there are a few punawebbers in the greater bay area for centralized meeting at a local hawaiian restaurant....even quite a few L&L's or Ohana Grills

noel

In San Francisco I believe there is an L and L or some such famous Hawaiian fare restaurant. Read about it in the paper quite a while back. That would be half way point from Chico to Santa Cruz! We're in if half way is the case!

What a fun idea, thanks Art!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Hey Art. It is a great idea. You might even want to throw the invite out on some of the other Hawaiian forums. We started doing parties like this in Atlanta about 5 yrs ago and I have made tons of friends through it. There are three couples that we met through these parties, David M & Sopie are one, which have remained our good friends to this day. We have watched about 40 people go through the process of considering or planning the move. It has been quite a learing experience to help pack their containers, visit when we are on island (& some even insist we spend one night of our trip at their house) and listen to their "what they would do differently" tales. Through this group that has already moved we have networked and will know lots of folks once we make the move. Funny, they all say they miss me terribly but none of them are sending checks my way to help get my renovations on my house here finished so I can move! Smile I have to mention this as well: Two of our closest friends, Rick & Mike of Hilo just live a few blocks away here in Atlanta. I drove past their house every day on the way to work. We met them at one of the Punaweb/ Konaweb in Atlanta parties and found out we have mutual friends and had actual met at a friends house years before. Another couple that used to come to the parties (they moved to Kona) lived 10 houses away from us. We never knew them until I gave them directions to a Puna/Konaweb in ATL party. Funny.

You will have a great time and make some great friends. And you can talk about Hawaii all you want and nobody will mention how expensive it is, you can't buy land there etc!!

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
If you give 45 days notice, and do it in San Francisco Bay area on a weekend, you might even get some Southern Californians.

Edited by - glen on 08/21/2007 16:26:51
theres an L&L in the city and JT's island cafe out in the sunset/off 19th avenue, both reasonably priced...might be good to also post on konaweb and the city site for hawaii.

Art, seems that Ed and I are the closest to you folks (in San Jose, and not moving to Puna until next year at the earliest) so let us know what you finally come up with!

-Ralph

There's a really great restaurant in Berkeley called the Ginger Island Cafe. I can't remember what street it's on, but they have THE BEST home-made ginger ale and mixed potato fies (including purple potato) on the planet!

I don't live in California anymore, or I would be at this party no matter where you have it Smile

"How do you know i am mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the cat "or you wouldnt have come here."
ginger island is now closed and a new mediterranean is in place....since we are spread out throughout the greater bay area, something mid area, like SF or Oakland would be feasible....I think theres a Ohana grill and L&L somewhere in the east bay and the same I mentioned above in SF area....love going to both places....we have an Ohana restaurant close to work and I usually have the lau-lau/kalua pork combo lunch with mac salad and two scoops of rice for $7.50