Punaweb Forum
Fishin' - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Fishin' (/showthread.php?tid=156)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Fishin' - Lew P - 01-21-2006

Instead of shore fishing, why not buy a small boat to fish from. That is what I will do, (around 18 foot). If I ever get my wife convinced to move there.

RE: Fishin' - Scott_S - 01-21-2006

The east side seems a little rough for a 18 footer, shore fishing sounded a little more relaxing. I have used my 17' on the great lakes for salmon fishing but when 4 to 6 foot swells start I've had enough. Maybe there is enough calm days to make a boat worth while though.

Hey Nate do you carry side cuts in case you get snagged with that 80lb line. Just kiddin. Can a guy get a decent rig at Walmart in Hilo? My wife and I will be on island in Feb. maybe I can give it try then.

Scott

RE: Fishin' - Lew P - 01-21-2006

Did you read the stories (on the dishing report website) about the people with 17 ft boats catching lage, Ono and Mahi Mahi. I have gone out in the Oregon Ocean for years is 18 & 19 ft boats and I think the Oregon ocean is rougher.

RE: Fishin' - jm minica - 01-21-2006

The length of the boat is less important than what kind of water it is built for. There are alot of different kinds of sea worthy small craft available these days. I would love to have a boat for fishing in Hawaii, but that is way down on my list of priorities at this point. Gotta get there and get settled in and working before I start dreaming about getting a boat....
Aloha,
Mark

RE: Fishin' - Scott_S - 01-22-2006

Lew, could you give me the name of the fishing report website, thanks.

RE: Fishin' - pslamont - 01-22-2006

I am excited to see you fighermen on here and more excited that a wife participates. I am the fisherman in the family... hubby doesn't go in for that stuff. I also scuba and hunt with a hawaiian sling. Anyone want to include a funky old lady in a fishing trip, email me after April. We are almost done building the house and I am ready for some water time... in the water, on the water, near the water.... Smile

pslamont@yahoo.com
Pam

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!

RE: Fishin' - jm minica - 01-22-2006

Of course your welcome to come fishin with us. My wife would probably appreciate the company of other women. I've actually overheard my wife mentioning fishing lately....I think she's gettin the itch as well. With all the preparations and everything, we haven't had a chance to fish since we were in Hawaii in August, and I think she's just as ready to fish as I am.
Only 14 more days....
Aloha,
Mark

RE: Fishin' - emily - 01-23-2006

We went on the hike two weekends ago to the white sand beach in HPP. See the post on page #1 of this topic about it. Just thought I'd share with everyone that it was BEAUTIFUL. There WAS a white sand beach at the end of the hike. Mosquito spray is a MUST as the hike is mostly in the woods. The lake at the Shipman owned land flows into the ocean - the water coming from there was freezing cold and felt good on our feet after the hike. It took us a good 1 hour each way for the walk. We drove part way on the 4WD trail and then parked as it got a little hard to maneuver in my new truck - should have brought the older jeep. We will for sure do this hike agian. Check it out!

RE: Fishin' - HADave - 07-31-2006

I wandered over to the Dark side to read the news and I found this story, WOW talk about Fishin Stories. I couldn't resist bringing this forward for all the East Side Anglers...Smile)) oops forgot the link.. here we go

http://westhawaiitoday.com/articles/2006/07/31/sports/sports01.txt

Aloha HADave

Leave it to the Dark Side to make things difficult, the link won't work because of password protection i guess but it does get you back to the frt page click on the story "Bananna Jinx Rears it Ugly Head" use "wht" for username and password to get in. Sorry but the stories are worth the trouble..

Edited by - HADave on 07/31/2006 15:06:24

Edited by - HADave on 07/31/2006 15:12:19

RE: Fishin' - mella l - 07-31-2006

Which story HADave?

Hey where is Mark and is his broken leg healed? Haven't heard from him in quite a while either.

mella l