Punaweb Forum
Fishin' - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Fishin' (/showthread.php?tid=156)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Fishin' - HADave - 07-31-2006

Sorry Mella, I'm strugglin here and yeah where is Ole PegLeg Minica? healing slowly I'll bet...sucks to be him..Wink

RE: Fishin' - jm minica - 07-31-2006

I'm here, just been working my butt off trying to catch up on bills after all that time not able to work. This move has been a pretty rough experience for us so far. We are definetly paying our dues to live in paradise. Fortunatley though I have been getting plenty of work lately(been going 7 days a week for a while now), so that at least helps with the money part of it. I definitely need to get some play time in some time soon though. I'm hoping that my wife and I will be able to take a little excursion for our aniversary in late August. Of couse I will probably need to try and land another side job between now and then to make that happen. I hope everyone else who has recently made the move to the BI is having a much easier time of it than we have. I wish you all the best in your adventures.
Aloha,
JMM

RE: Fishin' - Brad W - 08-01-2006

Hey Mark, all my fishing was freshwater in Oregon, so I know nothing about it here and would love to learn - I'd buy the worms. I'm still counting on you for help with our kitchen cabinets. Thomasville is sending someone from the Mainland next week to look at our problems (I suspect ours are not the only reason for this visit), so we'll be ready to go after that. I've leveled the den and kitchen floors; nasty job.

Argentina was incredible.

RE: Fishin' - jm minica - 08-01-2006

Glad to hear you had a great trip, I'm envious, I'd love to go down there sometime to fish for those peacock bass. We'll have to arrange for a fishing day soon, maybe there's some other folks out there who'd like to join us as well. Dont think you'll find any worms at the tackle shops here though, shrimp or squid are the standards. Give me a call when your ready to have your cabinets installed, my # is 966-7071.

RE: Fishin' - mella l - 08-02-2006

Aloha Mark, So good to hear from you! I'm glad this fishin has come up again as I'm hoping to learn from you guys one day! You know what bait, what size line, where the fishin holes are. Best wishes to you and your family. Many of us here are still not island tested yet and appreciate your insight. Hang in there, and can't wait to hear a good fishin story! Save the best ones for the next Punatics Party, the stories that is not the fish (phew!) LOL Mella

mella l

RE: Fishin' - Brad W - 08-02-2006

I was kiddin' about the worms.

RE: Fishin' - jm minica - 08-02-2006

Actually I'd like to try worms here, from my experience pretty much any fish will eat a worm, and they stay on the hook so much better than shrimp...although there ain't a fish out there that can resist a shrimp, just hard to keep the buggers on the hook.

RE: Fishin' - jm minica - 08-02-2006

Oh yea, also I was gonna ask if anyone here has done any catfishin' on Oahu. There is a resevoir over there that is stocked with chanel cats, and is only open for fishing a few months a year. I would love to do that, I love catfish, and they are a blast to catch, very strong. Maybe I'll have to start a fishin' club or somthin' and start puttin together some fishin' trips. If there's enough interest that is...

RE: Fishin' - Brad W - 08-02-2006

From bluebacks to salmon and steelhead, anything that has ever swam saltwater will go out of it's way to chase a shrimp. I've caught steelhead as far up as Hell's Canyon in Idaho on a shrimp imitation.

That Oahu catfish fishery also includes largemouth, as I recall. You'll have no trouble getting someone interested in that trip.

RE: Fishin' - Scott_S - 08-03-2006

Catfish sure are popular here in Alabama. Gotta love that lazy river fishing.

Scott