Punaweb Forum
Seen any good movies lately? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Seen any good movies lately? (/showthread.php?tid=22606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - Chas - 03-02-2022

Saw that. I agree, good movie.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 03-08-2022

If you liked ‘90’s comedy, all 5 seasons of News Radio are now on the Roku Channel.
It was one of my favorites, with a cast including the late great Phil Hartman and:

Dave Foley · Stephen Root · Andy Dick · Maura Tierney · Vicki Lewis · Joe Rogan · Khandi Alexander · Phil Hartman · Jon Lovitz · Mike Post · Ian Dye.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 03-11-2022

On Netflix
Winter On Fire

Documentary on the Orange Revolution in Ukraine.  Good background information on what led up to events there today.
88% on Rotten Tomatoes
8.3 on IMdB

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - birdmove - 03-11-2022

We went to the Palace Theater in Hilo a few times recently. I suggest st Belfast. I think a few Oscars may be coming.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - kalianna - 03-11-2022

iʻm a regular at the Palace. I love the Church of the Sacred Pixel, especially since now we can take communion again (popcorn). Best movie I saw all year was The Power of the Dog, now available thru Netflix I believe.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - birdmove - 03-12-2022

We also saw the remake of Nightmare Alley recently at the Palace. Another good movie. I just finished watching Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. Albert Phinney, Ethan Hawke, Seymore Phillip Duncan, Marisa Tomei. Free online at IMDB.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - Durian Fiend - 03-12-2022

(03-11-2022, 02:45 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: On Netflix
Winter On Fire

Documentary on the Orange Revolution in Ukraine.  Good background information on what led up to events there today.
88% on Rotten Tomatoes
8.3 on IMdB
Thanks for the tip.  Hulu has Two Men at War, a documentary profiling Putin and Zelensky that I found interesting.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - HawaiiEV - 03-13-2022

Sounds like an interesting documentary, Zelensky seems like a funny comedian.
Zelensky comedy

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - TomK - 03-13-2022

(03-11-2022, 03:57 AM)birdmove Wrote: We went to the Palace Theater in Hilo a few times recently. I suggest st Belfast. I think a few Oscars may be coming.

Belfast is superb. I highly recommend it. I might be a little biased as half my extended family are Irish Catholics and come from Belfast, but the movie is fantastic.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 03-16-2022

Netflix has their finger on the pulse.  They added Servant of the People, the Ukrainian comedy starring Volodymyr Zelenskyy (now President Zelenskyy).