Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Seen any good movies lately?
This pandemic, two years now, has been burning up the streaming on TV.
I thoroughly enjoyed the series Money Heist on Netflix.  Great writing and cast.  Spanish with english subtitles but worth it in my opinion.

Last night I plugged into a National Geographic documentary called The First Wave.  A hard look at spring of 2020 in a New York hospital.
Compelling look at our health care providers in the first stages of the pandemic.  Hulu.

Whatcha got?
I love Ozark.
Yeah, Ozark is good. Jason Bateman.

I've been digging Fargo too.
Nothing new. No time. Mostly Rumble/YT.

But 2thumbsup + ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ for Punaweb.
Squid Game on Netflix was neat, if you like dystopian.

Old was a new concept for a horror.

Dexter: New Blood was fun, if you enjoyed Dexter.
"Your Honor" with Bryan Cranston. Limited series so it had an "ending". I hear they may be doing a second season, though I don't know how that will work out.

I hate when they just stop a series because they aren't making enough money on it and leave you hanging, like "The 4400", and "Manifest".
The White Lotus on HBO was an entertaining series. Filmed in Hawaii too. Early on I thought the airline gate looked like Maui airport.

Later into first episode it became more clear when the wind turbines on west Maui were shown in a panorama shot across Maalaea bay from the resort located in Wailea area.
There haven't been any new streaming "movies" that I thought were great since this pandemic started.
Movies, right. Not series. OK, how about "Don't look up"?
White Lotus (HBO) was filmed at the Four Seasons Wailea on Maui.

The Defeated  (Netflix) - Intense and violent but intriguing plot about an American police officer attempting to organize a Berlin police unit in the immediate aftermath of WWII.  Starring Nina Hoss, my favorite German actress, Taylor Kitsch as the cop, and Michael C. Hall (Dexter)

The Silent Sea (Netflix) - Korean sci-fi drama set on the moon, Starring Bae Doona (Cloud Atlas). 

Invasion (Apple TV) - Aliens arrive on earth.  The series is more about people struggling to survive and adapt than about the aliens, which I find more intriguing than the usual alien movie plotline. Starring Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani (lead role in many great recent Iranian films) and Shiori Kutsuna (Japanese TV actress, Deadpool 2)