Punaweb Forum
We are hicop.org - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: We are hicop.org (/showthread.php?tid=17750)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: We are hicop.org - kalakoa - 10-30-2016

untraceable according to the powers that be who are supposed to regulate

Oh, look, it's that "selective enforcement" again.

RE: We are hicop.org - Kapoho Joe - 10-30-2016

quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

So you are not "Darryl ____" who registered the website hicop.org and whose name is on many of the complaint letters to government people. I left the name blank although anyone can use whois to look up the owner.

Who cares what his legal name is? Unless you are going to reveal your name L-Dude, how can you go about trying to unmask a fellow member? We get it, you are pro business not pro citizen.

RE: We are hicop.org - leilanidude - 10-30-2016

Didn't try to unmask him which is why I only posted the first name of the person who registered the site. That same person is also listed by name, on numerous complaints about helicopter noise and owns a B and B. If it was him, I was going to ask if he gave prospective visitors to the B and B, notice of the flights. I noticed that none of the customer comments note the noise.

edit to add: the owner of the site does live in a rather direct line from Hilo airport to the volcano - its a reasonable question based upon the hype over the noise.

RE: We are hicop.org - Ino - 10-30-2016

I am not Daryl. I do not own a B and B.

You have said that twice now. I believe you... But I assume you must know him as he owns the website, when you said "we are hicop.org" that you mention in this thread. Does he advise prospective guests of the helicopter noise? If so, what is their response? Is he losing business? The reviews of his B and B look great with no mention of helicopter noise.

RE: We are hicop.org - Obie - 10-30-2016

quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Primary and secondary radar I understand, as well as what a transponder does. But I don't know what ADS-B is. I know people have posted links, but I think a summary from someone who knows what they're talking about would be useful. It's what I try and do if I post something about astronomy if I get questioned, so am hoping someone can return the favour.

Thanks!

Hey Tom

Here is a simplified explanation :

"ADS-B stands for Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast. It’s a dreadful name that only an engineer could love, but it happens to be fairly descriptive. Let’s look at each part of it:

Automatic–properly-equipped aircraft automatically report their position, without need for a radar interrogation

Dependent–ADS-B depends on aircraft having an approved WAAS GPS on board and an ADS-B Out transmitter

Surveillance–it is a surveillance technology that allows ATC to watch airplanes move around

Broadcast–aircraft broadcast their position information to airplanes and ATC

This system doesn’t need radar to work properly, but it will depend on a network of ground stations to receive aircraft reports and send them back to ATC. These stations also transmit weather and traffic information back up to properly-equipped aircraft. This network currently consists of over 700 stations, and the initial phase is complete. So when you hear that ADS-B moves from a “ground-based” radar system to a “satellite-based” system, it’s only partially true.

ADS-B is a part of the Next Gen ATC system."

I borrowed all of that from a website I found rather than try to put it in words myself.I retired from the industry in 2007 so I am not quite up to date myself.

Obie

RE: We are hicop.org - Lee M-S - 10-30-2016

Ino,
you probably don't want to give any more information about, well, anyone to somebody who seems to have an obsession with that person.

I don't know what the law is about aiding a stalker, but it would probably be best to steer clear entirely.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>

Leilanidude,
you seem to know a lot about this Darryl guy. Why don't you ask HIM your questions, instead of demanding information from Ino?

Lee - The website he listed and the manner in which he talked about the site, seemed to imply he might be the guy. The info on the website ownership is PUBLIC INFO and so is the testimony and letters to the government agencies. There isn't any "stalking". I also said I would like to ask the guy those questions. You should try to read more carefully.

Here's what you said (bold added):
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

You have said that twice now. I believe you... But I assume you must know him as he owns the website, when you said "we are hicop.org" that you mention in this thread. Does he advise prospective guests of the helicopter noise? If so, what is their response? Is he losing business? The reviews of his B and B look great with no mention of helicopter noise.