Punaweb Forum
We are hicop.org - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: We are hicop.org (/showthread.php?tid=17750)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: We are hicop.org - leilanidude - 10-30-2016

They seem to be together on this anti-chopper site so any normal person would assume they know each other! It seems the owner of the site in question isn't on here, so again, I ask, someone who should know about it. Its kinda simple.

If someone's name is an issue, then check out the website in question:

http://umvc.org/hawaii_tour_helicopter_petition.htm

added link

RE: We are hicop.org - TomK - 10-30-2016

Just wanted to say thank you to those who took the time to answer my question about transponders. Much appreciated and I learned something new today!

RE: We are hicop.org - Ino - 10-30-2016

Leilanidude, Are you a chopper pilot?

HICoP is not "anti chopper" we are dedicated to reduce the noise level the choppers make as they fly over our homes. The FAA tells me technology exist to lessen the noise tremendously but is not in use here. Paradise helicopters employed 2 MD-500 the loudest helicopter in the world here.

We will work to reduce the large impact that such a few have on our communities. We know the pilots are making a living and feeding their families like everyone else, we would just like it if they showed a little Aloha and fly with respect to regulations and to realize the effect they have on the people who live here.

RE: We are hicop.org - alaskyn66 - 10-30-2016

Perhaps someone should start a blimp tour company.. I don't know how that would work with the trade winds.. but they are quiet(er).

RE: We are hicop.org - Ino - 10-30-2016

I suggested that they move some helis to Kalapana and offer quick and easy overflights of just the lava ocean entry for $100- I'd go. They said they were afraid they would lose their spots at Hilo Airport if they moved. I have ridden the Goodyear blimp and it was an Awesome experience. I'd be all for that.

RE: We are hicop.org - alaskyn66 - 10-30-2016

Leasing some state land on the cheap...for a heleport is a good idea.. but.. they would still have to fly overland to pick up passengers. Unless they could make a trip to Puna on a bus interesting enough to cruise ship and other tourist..but then there would be busses in addition to the local traffic that is already congesting the one way in.

RE: We are hicop.org - bananahead - 10-30-2016

If the B&B is the source of the complaint letters and website... and some of you think I am not under the helicopters because Im in Hawaiian Acres. I can almost throw a rock to that B&B there at south end of SKalani Rd next to the creek.. Im the next road over and 3 skinny lot away... iow I live very close to the B&B and drive past it daily... the B&B is across SKalani Rd from the NW corner of HA. IOW, the B&B's front gate is about 18 feet from the corner of Hawaiian Acres...
ps please tell them to cut down all those dead RoseApple Trees all along the front of their property... its an eye sore and screws w/ powerlines

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha

RE: We are hicop.org - Kapoho Joe - 10-31-2016

Everybody in Lower Puna gets Heli traffic at some time or another. Why they are not all tasked with flying along the shoreline is beyond me. Oh wait, I guess the shoreline people pay more taxes than the inland plebes? Shenanigans abound on our little ship of fools.

RE: We are hicop.org - Justin - 10-31-2016

Joe, serious question here - is it maybe a safety thing? If there's a problem over land, the helicopter can at least try to land, albeit perhaps not successfully. If over water, there's not even a chance of landing successfully.

To me, I understand why the routes are what they are - for quickest and most direct routing, meaning the least gas consumed and the most trips per day. I also understand why those in the path are upset. Isn't the easiest fix to just increase the minimum height they travel at, and/or mandate some sort of muffling device (to the extent there is anything like that)?

RE: We are hicop.org - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 10-31-2016

Oh wait, I guess the shoreline people pay more taxes than the inland plebes?

I live near the coast. I see plenty of helicopters flying over the ocean parallel to the shoreline. Plenty across the length and breadth of HPP as well. There are more than enough helicopters flying around for all level of taxpayer.

I saw the tracks immediately - they swirled back & forth across the shuffled sand of the path. They seemed the design of indecision, but I am not sure. Mary Oliver