Punaweb Forum
Popeyes Hiring - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Popeyes Hiring (/showthread.php?tid=23036)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Popeyes Hiring - terracore - 05-06-2023

Social media reporting they are out of some of their staple sides.

I saw a better photo of the menu / prices. Family meals are between $36-$85.

Their prices aren't substantially different than what it costs to eat fast food nowadays. I get sticker shock everywhere I look. Labor is usually their #1 cost. Paying people $18/hour is going to affect the prices.

RE: Popeyes Hiring - Obie - 05-06-2023

On the day they opened they were out of red beans and rice, wings, cole slaw and a couple of other things.

Their prices are less than the KFC in Hilo.

RE: Popeyes Hiring - garymatt - 05-06-2023

I thank randomq for posting that drive through menu picture. Now I won't have sticker shock when I go to order. Modern times post covid (I hope) has caused every business to re-evaluate what they have to charge to stay in business. Unfortunately in really cuts down on the times for going out to eat.

RE: Popeyes Hiring - garymatt - 05-07-2023

It has been several hours since I posted above. I have been looking at various menus. Can someone who has ordered verify that the 8 piece Chicken Only or combo actually has 2 breasts in it (or 12 piece - 3).

RE: Popeyes Hiring - terracore - 05-07-2023

I went to Malama today. I didn't try to get Popeyes but for the time being at least, it is THE anchor store for that mall. I've never seen so many parking spaces taken. Lots of people walking to/fro Popeyes. I didn't look for or see the end of the drive through line but the cars were definitely backed up.

Hopefully they get the sides in sometime this month. Maybe I'll try going there in June when the novelty is gone.

I wonder how Burger King is staying in business. $14 for a whopper meal and their drive through ordering thing has been broken for months. At least there is no line as you pull up and try to guess what their menu is. Possibly they broke it on purpose because if people knew how expensive it was they wouldn't order anything. Maybe it's one of the 400 "underperforming" BKs they are closing this year?

RE: Popeyes Hiring - Obie - 05-07-2023

Just drove by. 8 people lined up out front and 6 cars at the drive thru.
The big family packs only come with thighs and drumsticks. The breasts come in the combo meals of 3,4 and 5 piece meals.

RE: Popeyes Hiring - leilanidude - 05-08-2023

The big family packs only come with thighs and drumsticks.
-------------
Wow. What a ripoff.

RE: Popeyes Hiring - Chas - 06-06-2023

Drove right up to the drive through this afternoon at 12:30. Guess the novelty wore off.

RE: Popeyes Hiring - macuu222 - 06-07-2023

Yep... walked right in yesterday. No line...no customers at 11am. Ordered a chicken sandwich. Brought it home. Opened it up to eat and my wife asked what was that smell.  I told her the Popeyes chicken sandwich. Said it smelled bad. After putting my anticipation to eat it aside... I did smell something off. Looked closely at it and the bun was just dripping with oil (as was the chicken). I tossed it.  Not going back until they get their act together.

RE: Popeyes Hiring - AaronM - 06-07-2023

Maybe make more money operating as a food truck pop-up special event for 1 week every other month.