Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Popeyes Hiring
I don't mean that management sign that has been hanging outside for over a year. Today I saw a guy being interviewed by a woman in Popeyes garb.  Inside the store were a dozen young people either applying or training...Any guesses on opening day?
The interviews were supposed to be scheduled to run through April 1, so maybe it was training?

If anybody is interested, starting wages are $15 with $19 for managers.

Last month it was reported an opening date definitely in April along with pictures of their ice maker working (not sure of the relevance, maybe they had been waiting for a permit for the ice maker for filling their urinal?)

https://scontent.fhnl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/338004329_1343481602891787_7187293011075244229_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=7EzhWPI4WGgAX9b5PAc&_nc_ht=scontent.fhnl1-1.fna&oh=00_AfBkZgjv5lEZSM7k-JxKQXH3M_nhzzvRPmph8AH6Gzpodw&oe=64372ECA
Since the police don't roust the homeless out of the doorways of businesses in Pahoa, I'm going to park my car in the drive-thru and live in it so I can be the 1st customer. I'll use my redneck sovereignty card if needed.
Since this will be the first Popeye's on the Island...I can imagine the lines will be nightmarish for weeks.
On another website ( reddit big island ), someone ( a manager or the franchise holder ? ) had posted that all the final permits were in place, and that they were 'aiming' for an opening on April 13. Again, the posting was that they were 'aiming' for that date, not that they 'were opening' for sure.
I hope the lines are really long for a really long time. That would probably be the only thing that keeps me from going there way too often.
Popeyes has been a bit of a joke for us. 
Talk about a loooooooooong buildup. I usually sing a little song when we drive by it. Something like:

Popeyes is comin'
    But not before we're dead.

Or, this little ditty:

Popeyes is comin'
    When the dinosaurs return.

You get the idea.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Did Luquin's ever open their Hilo location?
I've never been to a Popeyes.
Is the spinach REALLY that good?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
(04-13-2023, 10:15 PM)kalakoa Wrote: Did Luquin's ever open their Hilo location?

Soft opening yesterday with a limited menu.

Popeye's grand opening April 20th.