Punaweb Forum
Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? (/showthread.php?tid=15770)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Chunkster - 04-03-2015

I agree that it's too easy to focus on the skeezy bar element of all this. After all, that was just a relatively small portion of the personal charges. I'm more concerned about the habitual abuse of our trust over a period of six years and the possibility of a cover-up. Billy's excuses are lame, and he deserves to be ousted from office. I hope the prosecutor digs deeply into the Kenoi administration because there may be even more to this than we currently know.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Southernmost - 04-03-2015

Yes opihikao. And agree, very embarrassing for our Mayor.

Born&Raised Hawai'i Island

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Punatic007 - 04-03-2015

From punafish:

"But as a truly unbiased, objective observer (unbiased because I dislike all politicians equally), it seems inappropriate--whether it turns out to be true or not--to project all these dirty accusations onto the situation without presenting any evidence. Is it unreasonable to wait for evidence to come out, and request people to back up their accusations?"
======================================================================

I don't think we, or shall I say me, are making accusations, re-read and you'll see questions being asked. Exploring the potential of hidden activities is what you do to know where to look and what to investigate.

I understand you want to be respectful, however the proper legal recourse is to investigate and search for crimes committed. Hostess bars border the underworld, a cesspool of criminal activity. I think his actions there need to be investigated since it was on the taxpayers dime, not his, for 3 months including interest. What he does with our money is most certainly our business.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Punatic007 - 04-03-2015

punafish,
I just realized you may be referring to my comment on exploitation of women. Any type of prostitution including paying a heavy drink "tax" in a hostess bar for a random woman to approach and join you behaving in an erotic manner for your enjoyment, even if no further prostitution is procured, is considered exploitation of women.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - dmbwest - 04-03-2015

Punatic007,

Should I be thinking " exploitation" the next time I go watch a show where drinks cost more and lots of women and men too are behaving 'erotically' ??? How should I react if any of them come up to me ?

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Chunkster - 04-03-2015

One of the Honolulu TV stations mentioned that some of Billy's pcard bills were paid by "labor groups." Is that legal?

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - dmbwest - 04-03-2015

Was it one of those sex trafficking groups ? LOL.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - lavalava - 04-03-2015

From the headbutt to the handjob- this guy was born to run. For office.

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - punafish - 04-04-2015

P007: Where did I mention "erotic behavior"? I didn't. So basically you don't KNOW that the hostesses in question were behaving "erotically" at the bar. (Maybe they were but how could you know?) Since I try my best to deal in facts, all I can say for sure is the hostesses I met back in the day weren't "behaving erotically" at all. They just talked and milked as many drinks out of me that they could.

You've obviously never been to a hostess bar. So you have no way of knowing what goes on and can only imagine all those dirty things you THINK could or might happen, right? Am I saying that it DIDN'T happen? Absolutely not. Just saying that no evidence has been offered to back up the claims. So just please give me some evidence and I promise I'll go away quietly!

So I AGREE that all of this should absolutely be investigated. But if someone is going to claim moral authority on appropriate behavior, then I would expect that person NOT to make accusations without evidence. (Only PM2 and Chunkster seem to understand this, and neither is a fan of Billy...that's integrity in my book.)

Speaking of moral authority, the OP who made the original accusations in this thread still hasn't offered anything to back up the original accusation. The integrity of the OP has not been established so I don't believe a word until proof is offered.. Still trying to figure this out...

http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19744&SearchTerms=Shoresresident

RE: Billy Kenoi gets a what?? - Chunkster - 04-04-2015

Today's Star-Advertiser reports that Billy Kenoi continued to use his pcard for personal purchases even after being warned "several times" by county finance officials. The current finance director says it did stop after the charge at Club Evergreen.

Once again, it it too easy to focus on the possible sexual element and lose track of a pattern of abuse and dishonesty that went on for a long time despite being told it was unacceptable. This also begs the question of why the people doing the warning didn't take this to the council or the prosecutor.