Punaweb Forum
Seen any good movies lately? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Seen any good movies lately? (/showthread.php?tid=22606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Seen any good movies lately? - Rob Tucker - 02-02-2022

This pandemic, two years now, has been burning up the streaming on TV.
I thoroughly enjoyed the series Money Heist on Netflix.  Great writing and cast.  Spanish with english subtitles but worth it in my opinion.

Last night I plugged into a National Geographic documentary called The First Wave.  A hard look at spring of 2020 in a New York hospital.
Compelling look at our health care providers in the first stages of the pandemic.  Hulu.

Whatcha got?

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - Chas - 02-02-2022

I love Ozark.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - Rob Tucker - 02-02-2022

Yeah, Ozark is good. Jason Bateman.

I've been digging Fargo too.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - 'elepaio - 02-02-2022

Nothing new. No time. Mostly Rumble/YT.

But 2thumbsup + ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ for Punaweb.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - randomq - 02-02-2022

Squid Game on Netflix was neat, if you like dystopian.

Old was a new concept for a horror.

Dexter: New Blood was fun, if you enjoyed Dexter.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - Chas - 02-02-2022

"Your Honor" with Bryan Cranston. Limited series so it had an "ending". I hear they may be doing a second season, though I don't know how that will work out.

I hate when they just stop a series because they aren't making enough money on it and leave you hanging, like "The 4400", and "Manifest".

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - Durian Fiend - 02-02-2022

The White Lotus on HBO was an entertaining series. Filmed in Hawaii too. Early on I thought the airline gate looked like Maui airport.

Later into first episode it became more clear when the wind turbines on west Maui were shown in a panorama shot across Maalaea bay from the resort located in Wailea area.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - macuu222 - 02-02-2022

There haven't been any new streaming "movies" that I thought were great since this pandemic started.

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - Durian Fiend - 02-02-2022

Movies, right. Not series. OK, how about "Don't look up"?

RE: Seen any good movies lately? - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 02-02-2022

White Lotus (HBO) was filmed at the Four Seasons Wailea on Maui.

The Defeated  (Netflix) - Intense and violent but intriguing plot about an American police officer attempting to organize a Berlin police unit in the immediate aftermath of WWII.  Starring Nina Hoss, my favorite German actress, Taylor Kitsch as the cop, and Michael C. Hall (Dexter)

The Silent Sea (Netflix) - Korean sci-fi drama set on the moon, Starring Bae Doona (Cloud Atlas). 

Invasion (Apple TV) - Aliens arrive on earth.  The series is more about people struggling to survive and adapt than about the aliens, which I find more intriguing than the usual alien movie plotline. Starring Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani (lead role in many great recent Iranian films) and Shiori Kutsuna (Japanese TV actress, Deadpool 2)