Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for help with Maile research
For the next few weeks a plant researcher from France will be on the Big Island to study aspects of the Maile vine, and it's uses.* She would like to interview people who use Maile in hula performances,
or other traditional practices.

If you know of anyone with this knowledge who would be willing to speak with her, please send me an email and I will forward the contact information to her.

She will be here through the Merrie Monarch Festival.

* Her organization Plante & Planete was established to spread awareness about the link between man and plants, to reconnect people with plants. One of our projects is the traveling exhibit “Vital Vegetal” which focuses on threatened or declining plants used around the globe for traditional customs. It highlights one plant from each continent, introducing the plant, its traditional uses, the environmental threats it faces, and the solutions that can preserve it. For Oceania, we have chosen the Maile (Alyxia stellata) in Hawaii.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves