Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car purchase advice please.
Hello everyone, (Aloha) I must get used to saying 'Aloha' seeing as my wife and I are moving to the big island.
Does anyone know what is best? Should we purchase a 'jeep' or 'Landrover' here in california and pay around $2,000.00 to have it shipped to the big island? Or would it work out cheaper to buy the same type of car when we arrive? Thank you. The 'Cockney' half of british couple. I would love to hear from any other 'Cockneys' living in Hawaii. A 'cockney' is someone that was born within the sound of 'Bow' bells church in East London (See the movie 'My fair lady')...Apoligies if I bore folks, I just love cultural history.

Well, my opinion is that, if you are buying a used 4x, then California is the place to buy. There is always a huge selection of used or nearly new vehicles. Being in a buyer's market would more than make up for the shipping costs. I could ask why you talk about a Jeep or Landrover. Is off road driving something you would do a lot of? I used to have a 4x and got rid of it. There weren't that many places I wanted to go that needed four wheel. It is impressive how many places are accessible with 2x. And better gas milage matters here.

Chairman, Punaweb Committee, MSPA
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Well, my opinion is that, if you are buying a used 4x, then California is the place to buy. There is always a huge selection of used or nearly new vehicles. Being in a buyer's market would more than make up for the shipping costs. I could ask why you talk about a Jeep or Landrover. Is off road driving something you would do a lot of? I used to have a 4x and got rid of it. There weren't that many places I wanted to go that needed four wheel. It is impressive how many places are accessible with 2x. And better gas milage matters here.

Chairman, Punaweb Committee, MSPA

Thanks for the advice.The reason we wanted a four wheel drive was because on almost every hawaiian site we go to everyone says 'you must have a 4 wheel drive'..anyway it's a moot point now as we bought a really nice Jeep wrangler last week..Thx once again.

We just bought a house in Leilani Estates and we are planning to move in 6 month. I think it's more important to have a pickup than a 4x4
We decided to ship from California because it's cheaper (even including shipping) to get one here than in Hawaii.

Wolf