Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safeway dropping prescription punchcards?
Went to Safeway today to turn in my full prescription drug punchcard for a $30.00 Safeway gift card and they don't have them anymore. Not sure if it's temporary or they are phasing out the program (noone seemed to know). Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. Will have to take my business somewhere closer to home now.
Target and Walmart have a bunch of cheap prescriptions that run $4 a month or $10 for 3 months. Not everything is covered, they have lists at their pharmacies.

I wonder if a lot of this sort of thing will change--I understand that the new health coverages have to include prescription covereage. I think companies charge more from insurance than they do with cash customers.

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
Cost co seems to have the cheapest on most things - even better than walmart.

The only thing walmart has way better pricing than anyone was on insulin.
quote:

...until you factor in that half-tank of gas and four hours' drive time, sure.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

quote:

...until you factor in that half-tank of gas and four hours' drive time, sure.

Deducting the $40 for gas - I still saved almost $100 (and I got 3 months prescriptions). But since yes gas and time is an issue, we scheduled the cost co trip this week when we had other things to do in Kona and a trip was required anyway.

We pay cash with no prescription coverage so this savings adds up to $400/yr (after gas).
Walgreen's has a Rx card. You pay $20 a year and get discounts on your prescriptions. It varies per Rx. Some 20% off, so it's worth it if you have maintenance prescriptions. Not sure if the program changed Jan. 1 bc now I have Rx coverage bc of ACA so I don't need it anymore.