Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwest Airlines - announcement coming..
All rumors and hearsay until/unless I can book tickets.
All rumors and hearsay

I heard the first two scheduled flights between the mainland and Hilo will be designated:

Flt# Hwy132 - arrival
Flt# Hwy137 - departure

There may be a long wait at the gate.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
34 minutes ago Southwest posted on their Facebook:

HELLO HILO

Big news for the Island of Hawaii! We’re excited to announce that Hilo will be the fifth airport served by Southwest in the Hawaiian Islands.

We’ll let you know when our low fares and interisland flights for Hilo are available for purchase.

etA: SCREEN GRAB: https://ibb.co/qg8n0QX
Good to know. Don’t like Southwest but maybe it would drop prices for Hawaiian. The United flight from LAX is too expensive...I can fly into Kona for half the price of flying into Hilo.

Stacey
Living the life in Cali and Hawai‘i
Stacey
Living the life in Cali and Hawai‘i
Southwest lets you check two bags for free. That will cost you $70 (to/fro mainland) on Hawaiian. After two bags, on Hawaiian it's $100 per bag!

After I see what their interisland service looks like, I might ditch the Hawaiian Airlines credit card with it's ridiculous interest rate and high annual fee and get Southwest's overpriced card. I recently did a round trip to Oahu and back on miles and it cost me 25,000 miles. On Alaska Airlines I could go from Alaska to NYC and back for 25,000 miles! Hawaiian has one of the worst mileage plans in the industry.
Hawaiian just changed their mileage program, so flights aren't a fixed cost in miles anymore. In nearly all cases it requires a lot more miles to get a flight.
I have used Hawaiian miles for inter-island several times in the last 4 months, at 7,500 miles each way. The cost in miles depends a bit on time of day that you want to fly.
This is great news!
Can’t say I’ve noticed a change in the Hawaiian miles program.their miles are relatively easy to get, I think they base them on actual miles flown.
Have to fly to Oahu tomorrow (short notice).. First I checked out of Hilo on Hawaiian..... $210 roundtrip. Then checked Southwest out of Kona.... $58.00 roundtrip. I booked out of Kona.... It's worth the drive!
Book before Thursday, June 6th:
Southwest - Kona to Honolulu one way $29

https://www.southwest.com/html/offers/na...L_sf_09549
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves