Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contractor pleads guilty in State bribary Case

Wondering if anyone has any follow up information on the status of the State employee he bribed.

Should our State employee not also be exposed and charged by now?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/...ery-scheme
Bump.
Mahalo terracore!
I sincerely would like to know but can't find any information on who the State employee i., Is he still is on the payroll? Have there been any legal proceedings against him?
I'm glad that the contractor was caught and pleaded guilty but where's the story on OUR employee? To me, what has happened to the State employee(or not) is much more important to us tax payers.
Bribery should be equally illegal whether it's giving or taking. I have wondered about this case also. Who that is on the payroll with pay from tax payers who accepted these bribes? Shouldn't it be our right to know?

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Shouldn't it be our right to know?

No. We're lucky they "let us" pay taxes.
Bribes were paid to both Hawaii official(s) & a Micronesian government official who was named. Hawaii government workers must have better protections for their misconduct so they can remain anonymous:

Master Halbert, 44, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Honolulu Tuesday to conspiring to launder bribe money he accepted from the president of a Hawaii civil engineering company.
https://www.apnews.com/a7381d4a532747998093b08ef837f30c
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
. Hawaii government workers must have better protections for their misconduct so they can remain anonymous"
better protection? misconduct ?

Is it any wonder how our government can become corrupt?
better protection? misconduct ?
Is it any wonder how our government can become corrupt?

It appears almost as if it’s designed as an integral part of the system.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
If I worked for one of the newspapers, I'd be digging into this to find out what government officials took the bribes. And, if someone was stonewalling me, I'd report on that too. Freedom of the press, don't you know?

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP