Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buying tires from Amazon
When I was at Sears I asked him if they were getting a lot of Amazon orders and he said YES. A LOT!

I don't think Amazon is going to pull the plug. They might limit options or increase prices but they want our auto-renewing Prime memberships. They fly their own jets into HNL and have plans to expand their Hawaii services. If they are using FedEx to send the tires here it's because they have a negotiated rate with them.

Retail has changed. It's hard to predict what the future is going to be. Remember when somebody made a free online utility called Napster? Almost every "record store" closed within a few years after. The industry first failed to recognize it as an opportunity and actually tried suing everybody who used it. Eventually they embraced the digital technology because they realized they had to.

Amazon tires are cheap because a bunch of middlemen get cut out. It's good for everybody except the middlemen. Frankly I don't know what's in it for Sears. The other guy who was getting Amazon tires when I was there shopped the store and bought a weed whacker. Maybe that is their angle.

Been buying tires on Amazon for over 10 years. They are shipped (not a prime member) to my residence w/ a shipping label on them. I take them to Bob's on Ilima & he charges $10 or $12 each to change them. I take the old tires home.