Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another pandemic?
New virus popped up in....China...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53218704?xtor=AL-72-%5Bpartner%5D-%5Bbbc.news.twitter%5D-%5Bheadline%5D-%5Bnews%5D-%5Bbizdev%5D-%5Bisapi%5D&at_custom2=twitter&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_custom3=%40BBCNews&at_custom4=956036C2-BA3D-11EA-97C6-67EF4744363C&at_campaign=64

Hopefully not.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
If I remember my virus / vaccine reading correctly from years past, new strains regularly pop up in China.  Multiple strains are not uncommon.  The reason the flu shot is less effective some years than in other years is because of the process:
1) The viruses are identified
2) The virus deemed most likely to jump and affect people outside of China later that year is used to develop the vaccine for that season

Researchers do not always guess correctly due to the lead time for manufacture needed between identification and the flu season.
The newly identified strains could affect us in Hawaii, or they may not.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I'm not worried about it. The Chinese are saying, "Hey we have this study showing this could potentially be a pandemic some day."

Using history as a guide, if it was a real threat they would deny the information ever existed and the doctors / scientists closely associated with it would mysteriously disappear.

This is just a crank call news release trying to convince the world they have our best interests at heart and are working hard to ensure the future of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Like HOTPE said, this is a regular occurrence. But suddenly its a headline, because that is the narrative they want us to digest.
Thanks, I was thinking that way too.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!