Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harry Kim Opts out of pre-travel test program
(10-18-2020, 06:29 AM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote: I flew into Hilo on October 3rd after working 7 weeks on the mainland.  I didn't test as I preferred the quarantine.  I live on 3.5 acres, so quarantine isn't difficult.  Heading back to the mainland at the end of the month for work.  I plan on doing the 14 day quarantine when I return from that trip also. 

Hey Obie, gonna frame your quarantine certificate?
 I have been showing it to everyone and yes I'm going to re-print it and frame it.
(10-18-2020, 12:32 AM)kalakoa Wrote: Who is confused here

Pretty sure it's just the Mayor who's confused. Anyone remember his references to "mustard gas"?

https://www.khon2.com/coronavirus/new-pl...-pre-test/

Kim's latest proposal is, of course, completely different than elsewhere in the State: no pre-test, your quarantine ends when you test negative. You're allowed to break quarantine to get the test. Which you pay for.
That proposal only applies to interisland travelers, not those coming from mainland. 

(10-18-2020, 06:29 AM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote: I flew into Hilo on October 3rd after working 7 weeks on the mainland.  I didn't test as I preferred the quarantine.  I live on 3.5 acres, so quarantine isn't difficult.  Heading back to the mainland at the end of the month for work.  I plan on doing the 14 day quarantine when I return from that trip also. 

A good deal this was your preference because testing wasn't an option until October 15.
That proposal only applies to interisland travelers, not those coming from mainland.

Exactly my point: process is streamlined for mainland visitors, but inconvenient for Big Island residents.
(10-18-2020, 06:40 PM)kalakoa Wrote: That proposal only applies to interisland travelers, not those coming from mainland.

Exactly my point: process is streamlined for mainland visitors, but inconvenient for Big Island residents.

Makes sense, considering the biggest outbreaks and most deaths in Hawaii Island have been caused by community spread and interisland travel (with maskless Kai Kahele and Ikaika Marzo's Covid Boat).
(10-18-2020, 06:40 PM)kalakoa Wrote: That proposal only applies to interisland travelers, not those coming from mainland.

Dunno about that.  Residents like Obie can waltz off the plane and get picked up curbside within 5 minutes.   Mainlanders have to stand in a long fawkin line at the airport after a 6 hour or longer airline ordeal.
(10-18-2020, 03:50 PM)Durian Fiend Wrote:

A good deal this was your preference because testing wasn't an option until October 15.
My preference will remain quarantine.  I have little faith in the current testing process.  Also, after spending 20 hours or so to fly home I don't want to be trapped at the airport in some post testing Hell.
Wahine

Lead by example
I will do the quarantine again if needed. The process is expedited !
I just want to get home.
I can isolate myself pretty good.