Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renewing our drivers licenses in Covid Pahoa
Because I couldn't get anyone on the phone OR book an appt before my license expired, I stood in line at Pahoa DL to talk to a person.  She told me to continually (in my spare time) check the available appts. online; that appts. get cancelled & changed all the time.  So today I checked & sure enough there was an appt avail in Pahoa 2 weeks before my DL expires.  So my suggestion is just keep checking.
I checked and

1) An appointment opened up in Pahoa only 2 days after my license expired.

2) They fixed the problem with no appointments being available (ever) at Hilo.
I had my appointment at Pahoa and it went off without a hitch. The employee who helped me (Tracey) was friendly, fast, and efficient. I showed up early and got out early.

I asked a question regarding my wife's upcoming renewal because most of the mail is addressed to me, and I'm not sure we could produce two pieces of mail. Before I even fully explained my question she was already filling out an affidavit that we both signed (Tracey signed as "examiner" so I wouldn't have to get the form notarized) that my wife could bring with her with a piece of mail with my name on it and they would accept it. I saw the affidavit in the list of accepted documents but I didn't know what it was referring to. Now I know.
I hope you get to see Tracy again when you go back. There's lots of old posts here about the sadistic woman at Pahoa DMV who takes no greater joy in life than turning you away.
Certainty will be the death of us.
Back in October when the pandemic was still raging and upon seeing my license expiring in January, the best I could do was book a February 2021 slot in Pahoa. It went off very well. They were short-handed because the gal that took paperwork outside also had to go inside and do the testing and document review. My wait was only about 30 minutes, a minor inconvenience considering everything else.
When I went there wasn't anybody working the outside table. The inside people were doing it between customers, and the customers that had been helped were explaining it to new people who showed up.