Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Mechanic Suggestions
(03-14-2024, 03:46 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote: I tried that trick (driving car with lug nuts removed) many years ago after a friend with a little Toyota 2WD pickup truck on Papaya Farms road asked for help getting a front wheel/tire off.  

It did not work!  Couldn't believe it. 

Anti seize applied on the hub to wheel mating surface is a wonderful product to keep this  problem from happening. Also great on bolt threads to prevent nuts from rusting themselves into a permanent attachment.

Terracore, what is the hourly rate charged by the mobile mechanic?

He charges a flat rate.  For example I asked "how much to replace a starter?" and he told me the price it would cost me rather than estimating how much time it would take and coming up with an hourly rate to do it.  Labor only.  It was my responsibility to provide the replacement starter.  Of the 3 jobs he's done for me, the price I paid was fair.  It cost me less than going to a garage, and he made more than if he worked for one.
Flat rate-of course that's the best way. I've put his name and number in my contacts. Did he look at the other issue you were having?