Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Not Bland Asian restaurant in Keaau
Thanks for posting the menu, might have to check them out!
I just came in to say that terracore didn't convey just how much I loved that Mongolian Beef. haha

It was SO GOOD. I've ordered Mongolian Beef here on big Island several times and on Oahu. it's always SO SYRUPY SWEET and almost never has onions and is never spicy.

This Mongolian Beef at Peppercorn Spice House was not too sugary, there was delicious onions, AND it was spicy! Winner Winner!

When we go back I'm getting either the lemongrass chicken OR the chicken curry lunch special. If I can stop myself from getting Mongolian Beef again that is!
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
I've learned that liking food from Lemongrass appears to put out an alert to a group of people that includes anglophobes. Why that applies to liking food from an Asian restaurant escapes me, but be prepared for your lineage and mother's diet to be challenged.
Hey TomK, if you like eating noodles (and not much else) then Lemongrass Pad Thai is for you! Although I guess anything is better than beans on toast...
I've never really enjoyed beans on toast. My stomach would complain for the next 24 hours.

https://youtu.be/VPIP9KXdmO0?si=Pasm6FXrJbVTD4Nk
Ate the lunch special again today. The soup of the day was hot and sour! Much better than Bland Egg Drop Soup.

This time I opted for the yellow chicken curry. Maybe their other colors of curry are better, but they aren't on the lunch special list.
Asked for extra hot pad thai, and received no heat whatsoever! Also, like Lemongrass's pad thai, it was pretty plain.

Everything else was pretty decent, so I'll probably give them another chance some time, and just avoid the pad thai.
(09-21-2023, 01:37 AM)randomq Wrote: Asked for extra hot pad thai, and received no heat whatsoever! Also, like Lemongrass's pad thai, it was pretty plain.

Everything else was pretty decent, so I'll probably give them another chance some time, and just avoid the pad thai.

I just realized what was "off" about the yellow curry chicken other than it lacked any pizazz.  I couldn't taste or smell any coconut in the sauce.  Maybe my expectations were wrong, but absent any other reviewers stepping forward, I'll probably stick to the dishes with Chinese-concentric interpretations.
I’ve been there three times now. 

I can’t say ANYTHING bad about the place. 

My only comment would be is that I expected more “bang” considering the name of the restaurant. 

(By “bang” I mean seasoning)
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama