Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Endorsements
Aloha kakou,
Whats the deal with political endorsements in the Hilo Tribune? It seems that only the candidates with enough bank to pay for these advertisements have them. I belong to SHXXX Union (I dont want to piss anybody off, it can affect my job) and realize that some people have the impression that all police officers and firemen support kenoi. But its not true, most are still undecided. And also being a product of UHH-Hilo, I was able to take classes from Manu Meyers (she was in a big ad in the Tribune endorsing kenoi) and cant understand why she would support kenoi. In her classes, she encouraged her us students to stand up and fight against injustices, get involved with self-sustainability projects, resist "big brother", and be good role models. It seems that with his close ties to organized crime, large-scale developers,political corruption, and union bosses are things that she encouraged us to stand against. By showing public support for him, she seems to go against everything that she taught us to believe. It seems that in this mayoral race, people true colors are showing, and saying one thing then doing another doesn't matter. As long as you can write the check for fancy commercial advertisements and plenty yard signs.