Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nanawale Estates
Aloha, y'all... I'm another haole looking to relocate on the Big Island. I have a lot in Nanawale Estates, any info on same would be appreciated. I will be there for most of the month of Aug, for my daughter's wedding, and to look at the possibilities of moving there.
I have friends in Hilo, so I'm not coming in totally blind, but I would be interested in talking to anyone about that location, etc.
Thanks,
Bill

William R. Hammond
William R. Hammond
I was originally going to buy a cheap house in Nanawale. I was not real impressed with the area and not sure if all of Puna is like this but I was diluged with mosquitos flying at me. My understanding is that crime rate there is on a high level. Lots only sell for a few thousand or so and not large either. I think you can get more bang for your buck by buying in Fern acres or leilani or Hawaiian Paradise park.

frank B.
Bill,
check out www.nanawale.com it will let you see all about Nanawale Estates. I believe you will be pleased with it.
Kathy

quote:
Bill,
check out www.nanawale.com it will let you see all about Nanawale Estates. I believe you will be pleased with it.
Kathy

Thanks, Kathy, I was in HI 3 weeks in Aug, staying with friends in Hilo. I saw my property...I had no great illusions about it, but the price was right for a start there
(on the island) Land is NOT going to go down in value, and one day I may hopefully upgrade to a larger lot. My lot is across the street from a retired British Sea captain, I've heard. In addition he has a nice lot next to mine which is full of flowers, etc.
I'm within a few (maybe 3) years of retiring from aviation, so I'm looking for a quiet place to accomplish that end. Thanks for your input,
Bill

William R. Hammond
William R. Hammond
When we got our lot in Fern Acres I hadn't really been to many places or checked out a lot. I really love it believe me, but the closer I got to Hilo the warmer it was and my old bones liked that. You don't need heaters and I will. In ten years we will see a lot of changes and most likely Nanawale and Fern Acres lots will be mostly all sold. We are the lucky ones to get them at the prices we are. Good luck
Kathy