Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Mayoral Forum KGMB9 Tuesday 10/27
Hunterbishop.com reminded me of this....

KGMB9 TV will be hosting a live forum featuring mayoral candidates from Kauai (JoAnn Yukimura and Bernard Carvalho),
Hawaii County's (Billy Kenoi and Angel Pilago)
and Honolulu (Mufi Hannemann and Ann Kobayashi) starting at 6:30 p.m.

Here's a link to the Big Island portion of the event....

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/10862/245/

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Rob,
I would have really liked to watch that. Unfortunately, I read this post too late. Would you report on that. Thanks for providing this website for everyone. A great service for the community.

Diana G. Allegra
Diana G. Allegra
Angel, of course, did fine. Did not sound like a slick lawyer though. Just like someone who has the maturity, experience, and love of community necessary to do a good job.
Billy's plans for tourism development, mass transit, and affordable housing did get more light on it: exclusive resorts in Kona and Kohala, low-paid labor riding buses from Puna, Ka'u, and Hamakua, and abandonment of the dream of home ownership -- a few very wealthy people with lots of low-income residents desperate for work and a place to live. Not about community empowerment and not the kind of community I want.
Angel Pilago for Mayor!

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Thanks James. Angel for Mayor.

Diana G. Allegra
Diana G. Allegra
For the last minute undecided voters, I am hoping they watched the forum, Sorry about the mix up finally found the right link! (http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/10862...3/-1/RSS02) What a difference between this debate and the one in West Hawaii. Angel Pilago was very impressive, articulate, very knowledgeable about issues. Listening to Billy Kenoi he has good ideas, but somehow last night with his answers and the age gap, he did not inspire me with confidence that he would be the best person at this time, to get us through this crisis we are in. Instead of tourism development, the empathis needs to be on making the Islands self sufficient.
quote:
Originally posted by james weatherford

Billy's plans for tourism development, mass transit, and affordable housing did get more light on it: exclusive resorts in Kona and Kohala, low-paid labor riding buses from Puna, Ka'u, and Hamakua,
And Angel's proposals for employment was?
Why ask James? Email or call in your question to Angel tonight on the PBS forum....

The questions posed by the moderator Dan Boylan to Mr. Pilago will be primarily coming from our viewers via e-mail or by phone. Dan will probably start off the program with some general questions about his background, etc. The segment with Mr. Pilago will last for about 25 minutes. Subjects to be covered are:

County Charter Commission, County Reapportionment Commission,
Land Stewardship, Mass transit, Development Issues, Recycling
Diversification of Economy, Affordable Housing, Substance abuse
Public Safety

Viewers will be able to call in their questions during the show at:
973-1000 | 800-238-4847
or e-mail at anytime prior to and during the program:
Email: insights@pbshawaii.org[/

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

Why ask James?
[?] Because he mentioned it.
I thought he was commenting on information about what the two proposed for employment. If Angel and Billy did provide details about real employment, I would think everyone would appreciate knowing both sides of their proposals. However, if James was just providing a seat of the pants, editorial with no factual anything campaign pitch for Angel, that's fine also.
You can still go to the PBS forum and ask Angel yourself.......

Punaweb moderator