Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Election Forum - one week notice
With the 2008 election over I will maintain this 2008 Big Island Elections forum for one more week at which point it will be removed.

Thank you for participating.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I'd just like to say thanks for opening up this section and I hope it will be an ongoing election PW tradition.

Mahalo to everyone who did participate.

-------
My Blog
Thanks for running this forum.

Obama's campaign is said to have made history by using the internet for raising funds -- I do not know, I've been busy doing something else Wink

I do know that the internet as communications during a campaign is forever changed -- a great improvement in the ability to communicate among and between people. Also, for better or worse, there has been demonstrated the ability to disseminate information in such volumes, so wide and far, and so rapidly as to diminish the standard for truthfulness. The downside of this new age of undifferentiated information needs to be overcome by basic human dignity on the part of participants. For example, by using real names, real data, and real references. ...just a ramble, but I think it is something for us all think about.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
I agree with you James. The Tribune-Herald demands you use your name with letters written to the editor. It's been an honor to be part of this forum and I look forward to the next elections.

Diana G. Allegra
Diana G. Allegra
Hi Rob...I too appreciate that you've had this election forum. And I'd like to endorse what someone said earlier on the regular Punaweb postings, that it would be a good idea to keep this Election forum open. There's going to be lots going on...we've got reapportionment coming up, etc. Whatever you decide, this has definitely been an excellent way for our community to be able to discuss issues, even at great length occasionally. Many thanks, Frankie
Aloha Frankie, I am planning on closing this forum and considering opening a Politics in Puna forum to replace it. The idea is to keep close track on council and mayoral events and issues.

Let me know what you think.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I like the political forum idea, Rob. The election is over, but politics goes on forever. Not that the elections don't SEEM to go on forever. LOL.

Cheers,
Jerry
As long as there is no pencil throwing[Wink]

I think it would be a good idea.

-------
My Blog
I like the idea, Rob...go for it! fs
Rob; Lets go with the political forum. Politicians need to know they and their performance are being monitored. A political forum would lets us all keep up to date on what our elected officials are or are not doing.

dick wilson
dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"