Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping Container(s) from Alaska to Big Island
Have any advice and/or recent (last few years) experiences regarding moving vehicles, furniture, and so on from Alaska to the Big Island? I sure would appreciate hearing it, if so, and the more specifics (companies to use or avoid, rates, insurance aspects, etc) the better.

Ideally, I would like to purchase a certified seaworthy container or two in Anchorage, carefully and efficiently fill them myself over time as I can attend to doing such, ship to Hilo, haul out to the property, and then unpack at our leisure (...if "leisure" is a word that should ever properly appear together in the same sentence with the word "move") with the empty container(s) serving as a toolshed or whatever afterwards.

If you would rather PM me than post to the thread then I can be reached direct at AlaskaSteven@yahoo.com (sometimes the Punaweb internal email does not work for some reason).

Thanks!

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

Pres. John Adams, Scholar and Statesman

"There's a scientific reason to be concerned and there's a scientific reason to push for action. But there's no scientific reason to despair."

NASA climate analyst Gavin Schmidt

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

Astonishing skill! This archer is a real-life Legolas and then some!
http://geekologie.com/2013/11/real-life-...rs-anc.php

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(
Keep in mind movement of the containers themselves. During the loading process, will you keep the container on the transport chassis or have the ability to lift the filled container onto it? Reverse consideration at your property. A loaded container may be lifted from chassis and placed, but you must know the weight limits and how. We shipped a 20 footer and Conan's could unload it with their large forklift. I think it might take a crane for a 40 ft. Loading on the mainland had to be done within the days allowed for the chassis as I couldn't determine a way to lift the filled container onto a chassis. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will contribute.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
http://bigislandmove.blogspot.com/

I wrote this thinking that someone at some point might find it useful.....

Here's to a full belly, a heavy purse....and a light heart.