Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPPOA President and Vice President on Website
cins1, welcome to PunaWeb!

As you'll no doubt learn, we on this forum don't like anyon, much less newbies, telling us what we can and cannot say.

I live in HPP and I welcome comments from anyone, maybe things are being done in interesting and better ways in other parts of Puna, Hawaii, the USA or the world.
PaulW - Dang Dude - you beat me too it! Almost word for word! So I deleted the redundancy!

cins1 - Welcome to PunaWeb!
First of all i would like to state that i am a newbie to posting here but what difference does it make if i post one time or one thousand times. Needless to say i have a job and a life so i can’t post on every topic.
But this one caught my eye joann stated that $1500.00 was spent on a X-mas party for the SEE workers, the regular employees and their families. It saddens me that a company cannot show appreciation to their workers without being blasted by negative input from the people who are infact reaping the benefits of their hard labor. Everyone has an opinion and mine is to all you so called punatics you people need to relax or move back to the mainland. Any real puna person knows that if you show aloha, you get aloha back and if you don’t show aloha, you will probly still get aloha back. Think about it.
Hi Paul W. Do you have spell check on your computer? Just a suggestion. Of course you can say whatever you want, new or old that is not the issue at hand.
If the Christmas party is such an issue for everyone next year we can ask that EVERYBODY be invited and it can just be potluck.
Again, lets look at a cost analysis and improvement strategy.
Better yet; If you live in HPP, get involved with the board. Show up every month, donate your time and energy, be part of the solution. This is the best way to get more than three minutes a year.
Yeaimanewb...cool name. "Yes I am a newbee"...clever. [would be a great license plate if it was shorter]Welcome and I agree...with your statement about Aloha...it is one of the anomalies of life that defies the reap what you sew concept. Though you may not sew Aloha...mostly you will reap aloha. It makes life here all the more special in this intriguing place.

Most of us have a life. Some of us find the 'news' here informative, sometimes, as Paul Harvey says, 'the rest of the story' that is not told in the HTH. For those of us who do not 'get the paper' [I know that may be a cardinal sin to openly acknowledge] places like here and Big Island Chronicle keep us caught up with the 'local' stuff.

I think a great license plate campaign could be internet short hand...I would love mine to be "BRB"...wouldn't that freak people out. ::::wink::::

Hope you come back and visit.

“A penny saved is a government oversight.”
"Q might have done the right thing for the wrong reason, perhaps we need a good kick in our complacency to get us ready for what's ahead" -- Captain Picard, to Guinan (Q Who?)
Hello cins1, as a "professsional" I think you need a spellchecker more than I do. Calm down and join in.
did anyone go to the board meeting last night?