Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo Farmers Market
Does anyone know how one goes about getting a selling spot in the Farmers Market in Hilo? What days does it operate? How much does a single table spot cost? Our daughter makes and sells unique jewelery in Australia and she wonders if she could get a spot in September when she meets us here as we begin construction of our new Hawaii Home in Nanavale. My wife and I will be moving there from our current home in the Marshall Islands

Moving to Puna (Nanawale) from Kwajalien, R.M.I. Looking forward to arriving there firtst week of September
Home of the "Just for Keiki" Luau show.
See: http://justforkeiki.blogspot.com/
We got a booth there last month (my wife makes island-themed jewelry). It cost $10 on Wednesday, and I believe $15 on Saturday. To get a spot, you just show up about 7:00 am on the day you want to do it, and find the lady who runs the t-shirt store (forgot the name of the store). She'll set you up right away. Good luck!
Aloha!

Tim
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
PUNAFISH - Thanks for the info. Our daughter from Australia Went - Saw - and Conquered the Hilo Farmers market. She sold $440 of her home made jewelery on a mid-week day. She has gone back to Australia now but is setting up her sister in law to have a sales table on a weekly basis. Again thanks for the help.

Moving to Puna (Nanawale) from Kwajalien, R.M.I. Looking forward to arriving there firtst week of September
Home of the "Just for Keiki" Luau show.
See: http://justforkeiki.blogspot.com/
Glad it worked out Kaptkimo! We'll look for her booth the next time we're in Hilo. Hope your relocation to Nanawale goes smoothly.

Kwajalein R.M.I? Being the geographically-challenged person that I am, I googled it. Marshal Islands, right? If I were a betting man, I'd say you're the only person from Kwajalein relocating to Puna Smile

Tim
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
I bet you worked for Raytheon or Lockheed.
I worked overseas for Lockheed from 1991 to 2004. We moved here in May 2004 and are building a home in Ainaloa, have friends in Nanawale that just finished their house. Good luck with building hope you got lot's of $$$ and more patience. lol

Lee G

Hi KaptKimo,
I went to HS with a guy on Kwajalien, a Wes Blacketter. He is in the Army as I recall, He and his family really like it there and it seems that about everyone that leaves from there, that their life is enriched.
I heard that it is beautiful.

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!
Lucy

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!