Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stained Glass Help Needed! Hawaii Museum
Hawaii Museum of Contemporary Art seeking volunteers to help with restoring the museum to its former glory. Historic building in old town Hilo needs loving care through painting and minor repairs.We also have a project to replace and repair all of the windows many which are leaded glass.
If you have experience with stained glass you may be the person we need. Other jobs are patching and painting interior walls and general maintenance.
We are largely a volunteer arts organization serving East Hawaii for 47 years. The staff is dedicated to continuing our service to the community. If you are interested in volunteering in a pleasant atmosphere and a relaxed environment contact us.

141 Kalakaua st.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/vol/4283448179.html
This is such a great building! Wish we were there to help. My hubby currently works at our town's contemporary art museum and is interested in getting involved when we are back on island. We always loved going to the occasional keiki plays that were held upstairs...fond memories!
Yes that's a gem, one of a number of Charles Dickey classics to grace Hilo. Originally was the police station.
What happened to the East Hawaii Culture Center?
snorkle, they are one in the same if I am not mistaken. museum of contemporary art also goes by EHCC
The EHCC changed names last year to better reflect their mission, but can still be found at:
ehcc.org
Hi there, I currently volunteer with EHCC/HMOCA and so far it has been one of the most rewarding and interesting volunteer experiences I've ever had. While EHCC.org is a great site, HMOCA has their own website - HMOCA.org. We are in the process of consolidating the two websites as well as putting together some information in order to educate the public about the EHCC/HMOCA relationship. Hoping to get all this done in the next few weeks so please continue to visit both sites and let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions or critiques.

Mahalo,
Allison

I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them.
- Isaac Asimov