Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will it finally happen this year?
The honolulumagazine article has it exactly right:

...the police department wants to keep the funds it gets for the war on drugs, and the drug-testing industry doesn't want to lose business ... Marijuana arrests are what the police would call an easy collar...

I call this the "makes plenty money how it is, no need change" principle.

Colorado is heading on 335 Million dollars already in Cannabis sales, and that was the number two weeks ago! If our lawmakers are claiming they want to be fiscally responsible, then they need to open up there flood gates too! But 80 years of prohibition is a powerful tool, and some people refuse to budge. But we now have science on our side and that is becoming more apparent with each passing day.

Word is our lawmakers testicles are shrinking up as I write this. They claim they already passed a liberal law with the "gay marriage act", and don't "kahones" to wage another fight, especially on an election year! So don't expect us to become like Colorado anytime soon. Hell, don't expect us to be like California six years ago either. Hell, we won't even be able to get these anal retentive lawmakers to do the right thing, and kill decriminalization. We will be fighting hard to just get them to dump Sen/Doc Josh Green's provision in the one bill that requires that we have our family doctor make the recommendation. He knows the majority of us don't have a regular doctor on this island.

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
-----------

One other thing, Delta9r. The DEA wanted to make Marc Emery an example. Plus the DEA was well aware that Marc Emery channeled all his retail money into the fight against cannabis,and if they took him down they'd severely hurt the movement.

But like the other person said, anybody can order seeds online. The only problem with that is they are expensive, and you can't be guaranteed quality either. Especially if you order your seeds from Amsterdam, or Canada, shopper beware! You are roughly charged about $100 for ten seeds,and if your foolish enough to buy into the European hype about Feminized seeds. You'll pay even more for less seeds!? I'm not sure why anybody would ever wanna buy Feminized seeds is beyond me! But hey, that's me!

-----------

-----------

quote:
expensive, and you can't be guaranteed quality either.

At least you can be sure your name is on the NSA watchlist...
after going to the meeting in Pahoa yesterday, I came away feeling somewhat upbeat. That was because of the turnout. It was close to one hundred strong! Last year had less than 20 folks there. But as far as cannabis laws getting better,…I doubt it! Our elected officials refuse to hear the will of the people.

So perhaps 2016 is our year? That I believe is the next time we vote on ConCon. We need to change the law to allow us to have a "Ballot Initiatives", so we the people can have our say by having things put on the ballot that wouldn't normally make it because of our uptight elected officials.

-----------

-----------

quote:
Originally posted by Delta9r

quote:
Originally posted by Oneself

Its pretty easy to get seeds online. odorless and comes right in the mail to anywhere you want. DEA can care less really.

Ever hear of a Canadian named Marc Emery?

http://www.freemarc.ca/

"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."

He was a seller/distributer of seeds not a buyer. I suppose a buyer could get in some legal trouble but I doubt that a buyer would be caught. A seller is much easier to catch and is higher profile because sellers make profit.
Interesting combination of news stories on todays HTH online version:

On the Home Page, under the "Nation" Heading, we have this news story:

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/nat...super-bowl

And then, under the "Local" heading, we have this news story:

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...d-pot-bust

here is the latest poll results. What do you wanna bet out lawmakers are gonna be like Ostriches, looking to stick their head in the ground before reading this!

http://freshapproachhawaii.org/2014/01/3...in-hawaii/

-----------

-----------

How about our good Senator introduce a dispensary bill?
quote:
Originally posted by dldixon

How about our good Senator introduce a dispensary bill?

Now there is a great idea. REALLY. Hope while Ruderman is watching the thread about GMO's he sees this idea!

[Big Grin] Side benefit is all the stoners WOULD do 35 mph on Hwy 130. [Big Grin]