Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this vog or is there a fire?
We have had some very clear mornings in Eden Roc as well as some not so clear ones. More often I notice that in the afternoon the air is less clear and the sun more yellow, but that is naturally the case even without fires and volcanos.

I have been smelling wood smoke a lot in Eden Roc, sometimes even in the middle of the day. It makes some sense given that we have a smoldering forest fire nearby as the lava burns the forest. It almost has to be so.
"Cleanest air in the world all the scientists sample it as the gold standard for amazing clean air blah blah blah"

Actually, they measure the air here because it is some of the worst air on the planet and they use the (false) measurements to "justify" global warming theories. Here is a good example of this bad science: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...e-400-ppm/

What the article doesn't fully explain is that the sensors are on Mauna Loa, which is venting co2, sits a few miles downwind from Kilauea which could be the largest single producer of co2 on the planet. It helps them get the readings "they are looking for". Not surprisingly when the co2 levels were that high the trade winds weren't blowing and Kilauea's gasses were accumulating around the area, and when the winds picked up SUPRISE the co2 levels dropped back down to the same level they were a year prior to this "historic" reading.
The cleanest air and the dirtiest air here all depends on where you live on the island. The cleanest air on average is out past the lighthouse at Kapoho and it's perhaps some of the cleanest air in the world. As you travel West from that point the air begins to accumulate various random toxin types in greater PPM. We seldom see VOG down here in Waa Waa when VOG maybe present in Pahoa, we do get plenty of molds and pollens here in Waa Waa and I would imagine those right on the coasts here experience far less mold and pollens.

I lived on the Kona side in the VOG prior to the '07 event and experienced the VOG back then with the lower emission levels. After the '07 event when the So2 levels increased I decided against moving back to the Kona Side though I still had property there. One of the reasons I like Waa Waa was because of its far East location (Cleaner air) relative to the rest of the 3 acre land subdivisions.

- Armed citizens provide security of a free State.