Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange thing at the Keaau Shell station (UPDATED)
Couldn't get a receipt at the pump(no paper), so went in to get a receipt inside. I noticed that the amount on the receipt was higher than the pump by about 30 cents. Also the amount of gas delivered showed higher than the pump. We decided not to say anything and went on our way, but we thought it was a little odd....

Update:
We got our credit card bill and the amount on our statement was what was shown on the pump. Never found out why the recipe from in the store was off.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I don't usually get a receipt... guess I'd better start looking at them!

Maybe they gave you a receipt for the wrong pump? The higher price could be for premium or diesel another person bought.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
No, it was for pump two and was for our gas. Since we charged it, we'll look for the charge on our statement and see what we actually were charged for. I suppose I could call our c.c. company, but for .30 I can wait!
We get receipts for everything, it's amazing how many mistakes are made, we even had one in our favor.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
The pumps at the Orchidland Minit Mart let me put more gas into my truck than the rated size of my gas tank. I know that there are logical explanations for this (like the gas in neck etc) but it doesn't happen ANYWHERE else.
You could check by filling a 1 or 5 gallon gas can at the pump and see if the volume matches the counter...