Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$150 solar hot water maintenance rebate
Just passing this along... I have no interest or experience in the matter...

http://www.hawaiienergy.com/tune-up?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Residential+Newsletter+-+January+2015&utm_content=Residential+Newsletter+-+January+2015+CID_90e37668f4e3b7589ac6b399c07096a6&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software%20Campaign%20Monitor&utm_term=HawaiiEnergycomtune-up
thanks, for the information, can use this!
Select a Participating Contractor* from our list and contact the contractor to schedule a tune-up appointment.

To their credit, they don't stipulate that you also be a "utility customer"...
Thanks terracore !

kalakoa

The original rebate program was designed to cut down on energy use.If you are living off grid you can't qualify because, well duh !
cut down on energy use.If you are living off grid you can't qualify

Listening to the neighbors' generator right now, would like them to qualify...
If anybody uses this, can they post about it? I'm especially interested in the net price after the rebate. "Rebates are available for all residential solar water heating systems in Hawaii, Honolulu and Maui counties that are at least 3 years old". Our system will be 2 years, 10 months old at the end of the rebate window so I can't use it this time, but if they offer it in the future I may be interested.
I had never heard of a solar hot water "tuneup" before. After doing a little checking, all they really do is check the timer, look for leaks, drain a few gallons out of the bottom of the water heater tank and inspect and clean the panels on the roof. Most people can do these things themselves. Charges can be up to $500! That is enough of a charge to negate the savings you get from having solar hot water in the first place.