Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minute's silence for my country folk
Rob - please forgive me for such a blatantly non-Puna thread, but this has affected me greatly.

At noon on Friday a minute's silence will be observed in the UK for the victims of the recent terrorist attack in Tunisia. Several countries were affected but by far the greatest number of innocent people gunned down were from the UK.

The minute's silence occurs at 1am HST tonight.

I know many wont be awake, but hope you can spare a thought for all the families in my place of birth that are struggling to come to terms with such a violent and senseless act.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33375928

Thank you.
Tom, our thoughts are with you & anyone affected by violence.

We were in Egypt months after the Luxor massacre. The aftermath affected so many, esp. when a vacation area is so severely attacked, the economy crash for that local was life changing for thousands of locals.
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

We were in Egypt months after the Luxor massacre. The aftermath affected so many, esp. when a vacation area is so severely attacked, the economy crash for that local was life changing for thousands of locals.

Indeed. The wife and I love to travel, but about a couple of decades back we decided to take a big red sharpie and cross all of north Africa and the Middle East off our map. Many others have done the same. Tourism has suffered, as have their economies.