Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with a coqui
Is your brothers name Bob, per chance?

Community begins with Aloha
No, his name is Roy and it was 1967.
Thanks. Was up there around the 70's up around Camp 9, had a friend whose sister always called herself Bob's sister Sue whenever she called the house.

Sistersue, great to hear you found and solved your coqui problem. Not if, rather when this happens again you may want to try this frog trapping or catching technique discussed in this rather dated blog.

https://daily-flow.com/2009/07/20/catching-coqui/

When our coqui frog population around the house gets problematic we offer a quarter bounty to the kids. This bounty usually stays into effect for a day or two or until most of the unpleasant noise pollutants have been relocated, minus about $5-10 dollars of course.
No doubt... that's way too long to put up with that! Next time, just call someone like me or someone that knows how to catch them (a neighbor). My ears are still good, but sometimes the noise bouncing off other walls, can confuse me where to locate them, but I'm sure I could have found your frog with in a few minutes. I'd relocate that planter. The problem now is, there are probably plenty of females this frog attracted and eggs have most likely be laid for the next generation of sound blasters. I had one once in my gas BBQ, it was a hard to find and get too. They love to be around cold metal parts. Esp, propane tanks.

Anyway, point is, that you shouldn't have had to deal with that for that long! Sometimes the best way to deal with problems is to go out and solve them yourself (like you did)! Big Grin

Did the Raid actually kill the frog? If so, interesting!
I don't know if the Raid killed him or not but it was very depressing for me because I hated to see him suffer. All I know is I haven't been kept awake since and now I know their chirp bounces off of things and that's why I didn't know he was on the planter next to the window! I have bleach and a hand sprayer for emergencies that I can use when it happens again. Aloha
Simple green works too and comes in a convenient spray bottle. Kills most ands and cockroaches too.
If Eric is correct that they like cold, perhaps a bag of ice laid out where you hear them would be an attractant to bring him out of hiding.